Cowl Grille Retainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowl Grille Retainers

Does anyone happen to know the part number or even better where I can find those little retainer pin/clip things for the cowl grille on a 93 Firebird? I had to get the cowl off to access the windshield wiper motors but ruined the retainers. Im trying to find some but the generic ones at the local shops don't fit.

Re: Cowl Grille Retainers

how many do you need?

I may have some
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Um, all of them.

I think there are seven that I managed to destroy.

Comment

oh that sucks...i have like 2 or 3

Next time, use a screw driver to pop the small circle-head away from the big surrounding circle-base.

Then get some pliers to pull up on the neck of the small circle

(if that made any sense)
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Auto zone sells various sizes in the store, you may check that out...

They are pretty inexpensive so that may be the best route to go, they dont have to be 100% the same as long as they do the job intended.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I hate those p.o.s. things.. I destroyed probably half of mine.. and there are 8 if you are talking about the front bumper.

They don't even work.. went at them with the flathead like you're supposed to, and then some of them worked as intended, but there were some that just didn't want to pop out, so I had to get the vice grips and yank them out. Now the heads are messed up but they still work.. lol

Comment

The ones I meant are the ones that hold the vent with the sprayers between the hood and the windshield. It won't fly away but its also has the sturdiness of a drunken monkey.

I tried Carquest but they had just the .310 and the 1/2 inch ones. Bought em both, .310 was a tad too small and the 1/2 was too big. I'd order em online if I knew the size or official part number.

I tried the flathead thing too which is why they all got ruined. The part underneath that actually opens up is what snapped on all of em.

Comment

If 1/2 is too big and all they are for is plastic, you can drill the existing holes out with a 1/2" drill bit and then use those.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X