Tried turtle wax 'Ice'.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried turtle wax 'Ice'.....

.....what junk, I don't see what everyone is ranting and raving about. It goes on and off easy, but if it doesn't do anything then who cares?? I saw no difference in shine, and the parts of my car that I didn't use the stuff on is smoother than where I used the Ice......I guess I'll just be sticking to zaino, liquid glass and nu-finish.....those have been the best for me.....did I do something wrong with this stuff? I applied, let it haze and wiped it off....anyone care to chime in?

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Re: Tried turtle wax 'Ice'.....

Did great on my car and my girlfriends car but ours are both black... maybe its due to the color of your car. I'd still say that nu finish and zaino are alot better. But however, with ice we could see small scratches dissapear a bit and the cars shined better... made them look wet
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i feel the same way you do. i hated it
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

I really like to use the "Ice" on parts of the car that are difficult to apply and take off wax. Places like the underside of the hood. I had my new hood painted on the underside and since the "ice" dose not leave white stuff, that helps a lot if I miss a spot some where under there. But as far as the exterior body of the car I always have and always will use Meguiar's Gold Class!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
        SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Red Demon
          I really like to use the "Ice" on parts of the car that are difficult to apply and take off wax. Places like the underside of the hood. I had my new hood painted on the underside and since the "ice" dose not leave white stuff, that helps a lot if I miss a spot some where under there. But as far as the exterior body of the car I always have and always will use Meguiar's Gold Class!
          I agree with this 100%. Any other part I use either 3M or Zaino wax only though.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

i for one really was impressed with Ice it made my the kandy shine alot more...but i don't think my opinion counts because this was my first wax/detailer i have ever used...so what is considered the best??? we should have a poll...

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
              Did great on my car and my girlfriends car but ours are both black... maybe its due to the color of your car. I'd still say that nu finish and zaino are alot better. But however, with ice we could see small scratches dissapear a bit and the cars shined better... made them look wet

I tried it on one of our black cars too...so I dunno...

as for the best waxes...google it, theres a bunch of polls/tests floating around

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
              05' CTS-V
              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

In the end wax/sealant will always be personal preference. Just try a bunch of products and see what you like. I have been using NXT tech wax lately, but for my next detail I'm going to try a few layers of Wolfgang sealant topped with some S100.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  In the end wax/sealant will always be personal preference. Just try a bunch of products and see what you like. I have been using NXT tech wax lately, but for my next detail I'm going to try a few layers of Wolfgang sealant topped with some S100.
                  i love the NXT tech wax stuff. I used the liquid wax by hand and it made it shine like i coudlnt believe. it also covered up light swirls. I used it with a buffer, and the paint looks brand new! i went and bought the spray wax today.

Comment

Any suggestions on first time waxing new camaro?

Mods:
                    Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
                    Racing Stripes
                    Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
                    Camaro Fill Ins
                    Black Outs
                    Tint

Comment

the only thing i have ever used is meguires gold class. i used mothers once, and then gave it away because i didnt want it. i just bought some nxt though, so i'll try it on the truck first! actually, i might go do that now...
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold
                      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by sceneiskeen
                        Any suggestions on first time waxing new camaro?

IMO just go with zaino products... (yes guys on my zaino kick again...)

Its one of the most durable if not the most durable stuff around...

I used NXT tech for a little while when I got lazy, it went on and came off easy but the shine wasn't as good as zaino, and it wears off quickly, like every 2weeks or so you need to redo it.

Either way look up how to clay bar, and really give the car a really good cleaning, before you wax it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          5 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X