painting mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting mirrors?

how much did you guys spend to get your mirrors painted to match the body color?
    2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Re: painting mirrors?

I am assuming that you are having to replace one or both of your mirrors for some reason, but anyway, I got a quote to paint my driver's side mirror for my Camaro for $45.00.
    Of course these were the same idiots that damaged the front end of my car, whenever they towed it to the auto repair place, and then tried to get out of repairing it:rolleyes:

If you can get an auto paint store to sell you a pint of paint (acrylic enamel) to match your car, you may be able to very carefully paint it with a cheap touch up sprayer, applying several coats (ask them about drying time between coats) and then buffing and polishing the paint to a gloss.

Of course if it's just one mirror, you may be better off paying a body shop to do it:)

Comment

Well, the mirrors on the z28 i'm lookin at buying are black while the rest of the body color is silver.... I'm not a fan of that styling...

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude
        Well, the mirrors on the z28 i'm lookin at buying are black while the rest of the body color is silver.... I'm not a fan of that styling...
        Then either keep looking or buy that. I'm pretty sure a lot of the comeros come with the black roof/mirrors. You're probably just going to have to deal with it or paint them
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Thats what I'm asking though. I like the car but if i got it i would like to paint the mirrors to match the rest of the car. Just curious as to how much this costs. I'd take it in to get it estimated but, obviously, i don't have the car yet.

Comment

Depending on what color the car is it may be pretty easy to just get some mirrors off a wrecked car.

Comment

Its silver, I've only ever seen one silver camaro around here, and its the one I'm looking to buy.

Comment

i gotta wonder if you can get mirrors from a later model and bolt them on... what year did they start matching? i think it was 96...
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I think it was a color option because this is a 98 and I have seen older models that have uniform body colors. I don't like it though, don't know why they would've made it an option. Its ugly.

And as for bolting on a new mirror, isn't the door and the mirror one piece? I can't check right now-at work.

Comment

i got some silver mirrors i could part with

87 Firebird RIP
                    96 Camaro RS RIP
                    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Really? How much would you be willing to sell those bad boys for?

Comment

IM me at misfits5037

87 Firebird RIP
                        96 Camaro RS RIP
                        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Err, don't have messenger here at work. Email perhaps?

Comment

Misfits5037@aol.com

87 Firebird RIP
                            96 Camaro RS RIP
                            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude

do you have a picture? my cousin has a silver one with silver mirrors, i thought it kinda looked a little weird. but thats just me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X