Just Bought Stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought Stripes

I just bought stripes from theses guys....

http://www.colebrothers.com/graphics/camaro.html

$34.00 shipped.

Anybody ever bought from these guys before?

Re: Just Bought Stripes

yes i have and they are still on my car

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Cool. I was kind of leary about their product. I have never seen them sold for that cheap. How difficult were they to put on?

Comment

if you know what you are doing it isnt that hard, dont use that lil plastic squeege they give you though it leaves scratches.
        all you do is line up where you are putting the stripes clean the air with alcohol and use spray soapy water down so you can move the stripes around if you mess up, then use a real squeege to get the air bubbles and water out.
        and you might want to take the spoiler off when you do the back, i didnt and it was really hard
        here this video helped me a little
        http://www.stripeman.com/rswi.wmv
        Last edited by Meatyshells; 01-22-2007, 10:33 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I got mine from them as well. The have been on for about three years through snow and all and are holding up great. They are simple to install, just remember that you can never used too much soapy water when applying them. Also, with the plastic squeege, if you do use it I would suggest wrapping it with a soft rag or micro fiber or something. I did and it left no scratches and got rid of almost all of the air bubbles.

Comment

Mine are from there too but I have yet to put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RED3.8
              I just bought stripes from theses guys....

http://www.colebrothers.com/graphics/camaro.html

$34.00 shipped.

Anybody ever bought from these guys before?
              I got mine from there, what color did you get?

Comment

I plan on getting some of those soon. Hopefully it will come out as good as Meatyshells did.

Comment

Originally posted by VendettaV6
                  I got mine from there, what color did you get?

I got black.

Meatyshells, how much space did you leave between the stripes?

Comment

9 inches on the bottom by the emblem and 8 at the top of the hood

Comment

Anyone in the Dayton, Ohio area know of any place that will put my stripes on? I don't have the time to do it myself with my new work schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RED3.8
                        Anyone in the Dayton, Ohio area know of any place that will put my stripes on? I don't have the time to do it myself with my new work schedule.
                        I did mine on a weekend took me like 6 or so hours one day fro the stripes and 3-4 hours for the pin stripes. It was also my first time doing anything like that. They give you a good deal of extra to so you can mess up but you cant mess up on a bid piece like the hood. Just if you diy find the center point of each part of the car that is going to have the stripes and they all will line up.

Comment

Looks good
                          2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

6 hours? dam i did mine in like 2, and i have never done it before

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                              6 hours? dam i did mine in like 2, and i have never done it before
                              I didnt do like all of the left stripe then moved on the the right one. I did both stipes on each piece of the car. So I had to wait for every piece to dry before I moved on to the next or when I jumped to the next one without letting the other one dry the soapy water would have disturded it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X