Ok i got some exhaust tips for my '98 Camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok i got some exhaust tips for my '98 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok i got some exhaust tips for my '98 Camaro

this saturday i was just kickin with my cousin and testing out his new '82 camaro since its all hooked up, but no exhaust, so he went to the neighborhood muffler shop over in southside phoenix, Since he got the flowmasters for his car, and well we both went in our cars and raced each other and we where both even for his to beign with a cam and having the "Crossfire" injection.. Anyways, i was at the shop and i decided to go with some tips for my dual exhaust, So i was lookin around and he had this nice chrome 3" tips, so i had to get them... it with 2 inch to the back sitcking out.. Ok it made a minor improvement on the noise at WOT, and idle just a little. The guy was selling me a Flowmaster for $160 but im not sure, maybe for later on.. And he just changed all the tubes, instead of 2 coming out per side, now its just a 3" for each side.. and all for $100 bucks. My aim in this car is to make it luxury looking, yet a sleeper with performance. I only want noise at WOT, not on Idle and well some on driving but not all crazy.. Any suggestions with the muffler let me know and also if i should go with 2k and up camaro 3.8 stock manifolds, or performance headers or leave it as it is. I also posted some before and after pictures. let me know what you think.. yes i know im taking the car back tomorrow to the shop cuz now the exhaust is getting crooked.. thats what i you get for cheap labor.. leasson learned!
    Attached Files

Re: Ok i got some exhaust tips for my '98 Camaro

those tips look huge..
    IMO loose the tail light covers..but if you like them, that's what counts, just not something i would do.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

thanks.

Comment

so have you gotten it straighted up yet? pics? ..maybe a little bit bigger...The car looks nice, you should post up some more pics of all the angles in the appearance section.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

car looks good. im not the biggest fan of the tail light covers, but they arent like.... TERRIBLE.

if you do want the tubular manifolds, look through the for sale section. i know i have a set laying around, as i changed to pacesetters... and im sure plenty of other people do too.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            those tips look huge..
            IMO loose the tail light covers..but if you like them, that's what counts, just not something i would do.
            those are about the same size as the tips for a magnaflow system. they look fine.

at least it's not 6" tips like your typical ricer has....
            \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

They stick out too far!

Comment

Originally posted by carl g. berlin
                They stick out too far!
                that is what i meant.. and they are 3" which is pretty big
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion317
                  those are about the same size as the tips for a magnaflow system. they look fine.

at least it's not 6" tips like your typical ricer has....
                  well no **** what did u expect.? its a muscle car not a import dude

Comment

the only main reason i got the taiblazers, i s because i hate like the big yellow turn signal lights the '98 and up came out with..

Comment

97+ came with those tail lights.

Car looks good. It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the tips
                      kinda stick out too far. It might be the pic but they don't look centered
                      either. The passenger side looks like its closer to the liscense plate than
                      the drivers side.

The tail light covers don't look bad.

Get some better/bigger pics.

Comment

The more I look at it the better it looks! Nice car!

Comment

I had the tail light covers on my car i dont think they look good its kinda ricey

Comment

i have those tips on mine....they arnt that big

87 Firebird RIP
                            96 Camaro RS RIP
                            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

the tips dont look big at all.

they stick out a bit too far which just makes em stick out though.

i have the "stock" 3" flowmaster tips and i think its the perfect size.

and the light covers are ok, but they look really cool at night when the lights are lit up.

i think some bigger pics would help a ton too. sup with people posting icon sized pics?
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X