rs?..v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs?..v6?

im new here so try not to nag me if this is a stupid questoin lol...but i went to look at a camaro today and it was a 97 v6..but ive been noticing that a lot of the v6 camaros have rally sport on them does that mean that all v6 camaros are rs or is ther just a regular v6 and a rs? and if this is true is the regular v6 slower? and how much hp stock does a v6 camaro have? thanx to anyone who posts!!

Re: rs?..v6?

http://tech.firebirdv6.com/
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

how can u tell the diff. between the 3800 and the rs?

Comment

For '96-'97 RS's, they came with stock ground effects and a 3-piece spoiler. If these have been removed, there really is no way to tell. They don't have any more horsepower than a regular V6, it is pretty much just an appearance package from the factory.
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

ok thanx
          well i think this one has, well whats the three piece look like...cause this has a spoiler sittin maybe 3 or 4" of the trunk lid? its not just flat?!

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
            For '96-'97 RS's, they came with stock ground effects and a 3-piece spoiler. If these have been removed, there really is no way to tell. They don't have any more horsepower than a regular V6, it is pretty much just an appearance package from the factory.

Unless, you consider the dual outlet muffler, limited slip diff, 3.42's, disk brakes and quick ratio steering... a little more performance ;)
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Well sure, but the Y87 package comes with the RS :). And there are some non-RS Y87 cars as well, in case you were wondering noahb270. Check the door codes for Y86 - this is the RPO code for the RS.
              <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

<-----weee owner of a 96 RS :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X