How Exactly Do You Clay Bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Exactly Do You Clay Bar?

I ordered the Zaino claybay for my car, but I am curious as to how I would use it on the paint. Do I kneed (sp?) it or just rub it all over the car? Anyone?

When I claycarred my car i first washed it with Dawn. I got my lubricant spray and sprayed a generous area and took the bar in my hand and did back and forth motions until the bar didn't catch anymore. I didn't know what i was doing either before i started but i guarantee you that after a minute of using it you'll know what you're doing. You'll love the results. I got a Clay Magic Bar and it worked great. Just make sure that you turn the bar or Knead/fold it every so often. I didn't have to worry about dropping it. It stuck to my hand!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. What kind of "lubricant" did you use? Did you use some dawn soap with the lubricant?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nascar Jim:
        Thanks for the info. What kind of "lubricant" did you use? Did you use some dawn soap with the lubricant?<hr></blockquote>

I suggest using the Zaino car wash as the lubricant or if you don't have Zaino car wash just use the car wash that you would normally use to wash your car. Mix the car wash with water in a spray bottle and then just spray it on the area you are clay barring. [img]graemlins/kitty.gif[/img]
        ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

Clicky
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I used Meguires Quick Mist Detail Spray. You can get a huge bottle for a good price. 32oz for like $6 0r $7

Comment

A few things:
              1. Make sure the car is clean, just washed, no need to dry.
              2. Use plenty of lubricant, most any soap will work, I use Dawn about one oz. per quart of water.
              3. Do the top surfaces first, followed by the sides then the back bumper, this will keep your clay cleaner longer.
              4. Fold the clay often.
              5. Wash and dry after claying.
              6. If you still have water spots, rub down with vinegar, dampen a rag wipe let sit about a minute then dry.
              7. Apply your favorite wax/polish.

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: edz ]</p>
              99 Black 3.8 Camaro (Daughters)<br />98 Lazer Cobravert (Mine)<br />South Florida Distributor for Zaino Show Car Products <a href=\"mailto:soflazaino@yahoo.com\">soflazaino@ya hoo.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X