Keeping tips shiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping tips shiny

Hey whats the best product to use to keep my new exhaust tips shiny. They're the 3.5" dual exhausts ones (nothing fancy but sounds mean as hell). ANy ideas would be helpful
    1996 Y87 A4 Firebird<br />Black, T-tops, Halogen Headlights<br />Infinity Speakers<br />3\" Flowmaster Cat-Back<br />SLP CAI<br />Rebuilt 3.8 with 18k<br />(Stupid Headgasket)

I don't know if it's the best, but I use Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish.

It comes in a little can as a paste. You may have to look in a few stores as many places usually don't carry it. I find it usually at well-stocked auto stores or sometimes Wal-Mart.

Just take a little on a clean rag or foam wax applicator, put it on the tip, let it dry, then buff off. Looks great! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I agree, I use the same, love it, That reminds me, I need to do that tomorrow, their getting real dirty! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

That or any standard aluminum polish. I don't have Mother's but I found some other polish in my garage that works just fine.
        <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Yeah, thats true, its not like someone is going to see the real close up like your rims or something, but I love the way they shine when you look at them from the side of the car. :eek:
          Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

I use Never-Dull on my tips to start. It gets the carbon off fast. It can also remove small rust pits effortlessly. I then use Mothers or Blue Magic to polish. Here's a tip. I saw this on TV: after you polish, To make your tips shine even more, spray some Windex on them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X