Quick ground effects Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick ground effects Question

Does anyone know of a place where you could purchase a ground effects kit (perferably the stock one that comes on the RS) combined with the spoiler. Whats the cheapest place to get ground effects? It seems like there almost twice as much when they come pre-painted. How much would it cost to have them painted for you after you got them?

(also- i allready have dual exaust installed... how much clearance am i going to need under the rear bumper to install the rear skirt? should i just not purchase the rear skirt- or would that look terrible?)

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

www.suncoastcreations.com
    www.octaneautoparts.com
    Ebay, every so often
    Some other places can't remember off top of my mind

It'd be cheaper to buy the spoiler separate from the kit. I've seen the 3-piece rear spoiler for as low as $130. It was from www.caraccessory.com or .net if I can remember. You could get it prepainted from them too I think, unless they changed.

The rear valance would come down about an inch and a half, all depending what you get. I'm not sure how your dual tips were positioned so you could be tighter or farther from the bottom than where the Z28 tips go. You also might see other designs you like and not want to get stock. The Xenon Kit looks very aggreeive and doesn't look rice. West wings looks lower than most kits. To Paint?...maybe $200-$325...Hope this helps! See what others think

Comment

thanks greg! that helps a lot

Another question- how hard is it to install them? how exactly do they go on... i guess i could do that myself. they probably wouldnt be that hard to paint either i guess... just prime and paint right? Ive never painted anything on my car b4 but with the right materials it cant be that hard.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

it shouldn't be hard to install. Ricers do it on their own and you know their IQ's!!!! You'll get instructions and will be able to see where they mount. You could paint them yourself but with teh added expense of professionally done, i say go for it. If you do it you need to make sure you got a really good base primer on it and paint it really slow. Take your time and do multiple coats. Finish it off with clear coat. You have a spray gun to use?

(Find out from others in the forum how to go about painting them. There's a website that someone with a SS Camaro created that shows how he painted them himself. I can't remember the site now. NOt bookmarked, sorry......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X