X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions On Minor Paint Work

http://www.bergerchevrolet.com

Check out their 02 SS =-)
    Anyhow, notice the rear end. See the "Camaro" panel under the hatch painted flat black? I'm checking into having that done on my Silver 02.

What ya'll think?
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

GMMG, Inc. does that to many different Camaro special editions. http://www.gmmginc.net

I'm getting that done to mine. But! Only after it has enough performance to justify it. That flat black taillight panel only appears on the special above-and-beyond high-performance editions of the Camaro.

Once I've got my supersix powerpack, blower (or turbos), bottom end rebuild, and custom computer program, I will be worthy of the flat black panel. I'd better be putting out more than 350 horses at the flywheel. I'm not about to do appearance mods before taking care of performance.

Bottom line. If you do it and don't have the power to back it up, you're a poser. Might also be a good idea to get permission from GMMG to make sure it's okay with them. I have a feeling it might be one of their signature features.

Comment

It would so appear that GMMG Inc is nothing more than a bulletin board for these Camaros. Those are all built and distributed by individual dealerships (except perhaps the SS Perf Edition). The site doesn't give any company information. Only thing appears they sell is that exhuast, but the customer satifcation quote is from Year One!

As for it being a trademark of GMMG, uhh nope [img]smile.gif[/img] Even if it was their calling card, it's body work. You can do whatever you want when it comes to painting your own car! Hell if I wanted to clone a Berger SS I could (but then Id be a troll).

Anyhow, that's an honorable quest w/ your whole high perf before the black strip.
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I just read an article on the Berger SS. The article did mention GMMG, but it simply said that Berger called GMMG "to do the job". Further on down the article it states how Berger chose to add the black strip after the COPO.

So, I guess it sounds like GMMG may actually add the bolts-ons and what not to the Camaros, but don't do the design work (or at least for the Berger).

Comment

Heck, do what you want, they can't trade mark a paint scheme.

I wouldn't say that just because you paint the rear valance black that makes you a poser. Hell, no one is going to even know that is supposed to mean something.
          -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

One of my club members had his pewter SS painted like that, except he left the letters pewter! ;) :D

It wouldn't be duplicating the Berger.... my friend's SS was painted like that before the unveiling of the Berger. (I was there, BTW!)
            Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X