Removing front badge on camaro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing front badge on camaro??

Its easy.. Whats the best way to pop that mofo off?

what did you use tools/fluids?

Thanks yall.. I will have some new pics for yall soon!

~BIll

im not sure how you would go about that. be careful for the paint under it. I know theres at least one person on here whos replaced it with another badge so someone must be able to tell you how to do it right. do you plan on leaving it empty there, or puttin another badge in its place?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Thanks looch-master..

Yeah I dunno how to aproch it really.. other decals are easy to get off with a heat gun.. i just dont know how to get at this one.. cause its so thick!

I am replacing it with another badge.. I dont like that "i dont have a badge, but look at this cool indent look" and i dont feal like shaving it..

~Bill

Comment

I replaced mine. I just went at it with a butter knife. Just place it under the edge and pry. I had one or two scratches...but they are hidden by the badge.
        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Fishing line.. it's strong and thin enough to cut it away from the body of the car. You'll probably have some double sided tape left in there or some type of adhesive glue. Use liquid glass pre-cleaner on a rag to clean it up.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shirl:
            Fishing line.. it's strong and thin enough to cut it away from the body of the car. You'll probably have some double sided tape left in there or some type of adhesive glue. Use liquid glass pre-cleaner on a rag to clean it up.<hr></blockquote>

GREAT IDEA! I am gunna give that a shot! thanks shirl

~Bill

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

Comment

if you were going to use something like a butter knife, i'd say you should probably cover it with a towel so its not as hard on the car when you start prying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X