Neon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon

I'm thinking of putting some undercarrige lights on my car, i was thinking red b/c thats what color my car is but with red interior/body already do you guys think that i should go with a diff. color? blue or white mabey?
    RedlineVSix

I had Yellow under my red camaro looked really nice, I just sold them and plan on getting white neons.

jon
    04 black comp G GTP<br />*sold* 2000 z28 6speed <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1</a>

Comment

Where are you guys buying your neons?
      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Red and blue lights are illegal. Put them on your car if you'd like risking a ticket.
        <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Can you have other colors and drive down the street with them on? or not? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] :cool: [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

where do i get incar neons. like i wanna put em by the feet of people in my car. please post a link or somefin ;)
            2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Any neons under the car are illegal. When I got pulled over with my green neons, the cop said that it was a distraction to other drivers, and was therefore illegal. You're allowed to have them on off the street, but not while your driving. You will, however, be pulled over much more often if you have red or blue, because of the first reason and because they are emergency colors. As far as where to get them, your cheapest option would be to get them off of ebay. I've seen all the neon stuff except the undercar neons at Autozone as well. Hope that helped.

Comment

epic - i bought mine at walmart i have a blue one under the front edge of each front seat and a blue one hidden at the top of each foot area... looks tight, i'll post a pic asap [img]smile.gif[/img]
                RedlineVSix

Comment

Undercarriage neons are only illegal in certain places...i.e. just about anywhere in California. However, here in Texas they are completely legal. Of course, it always is going to depend on the cop...some will care, others won't. I, nor any of my friends have EVER been pulled over or ticketed for having our neons on while driving. I have green neons under my car(Green 96 Firebird), and they look great. I went with Street Glow Gold Series. I HIGHLY recommend them. The actual tube is enclosed in a plastic tube to protect it, and it comes with a lifetime warranty against ANYTHING. It also comes with a more powerful transformer, which makes it glow BRIGHT. You can get them from any authorized Streetglow Dealer...which isn't hard to find. DO NOT get a cheaper brand, or you'll pay for it in the long run...i.e. broken tubes and blown transformers. Install takes a few hours, and it's pretty simple. Go with Streetglow Gold Series and you won't regret it. It retails for about 250 with tax. Hope this helps.
                  \'97 Formula<br />BONE STOCK

Comment

argh...typo...I meant $150 w/ tax. Sorry.
                    \'97 Formula<br />BONE STOCK

Comment

I went with red neons on my red firebird. I like how it looks. I was worried if it'd be to much red, but it ended up looking really nice. Mine are lowglow. I also have the wheelwell kit, which didn't really look as good as I thought it would for the cost.
                      2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

I can't tell you about laws in other states, but from what I've heard, neons are legal in California. The only illegal color is red. Blue is legal, it doesn't say anything that prohibits that color, it's just that police won't be too happy with it. You should check out the streetglow.com message board. They talk about laws from many different states. Here are a few quotes I've found that support neons being legal:

"I live in the Oxnard area and a buddy of mine's Dad was an officer and we had him ask some of his old workers if it was against the law to ride with those lights and he said no. He said that as long as it doesn't distract the other drivers, then no. I had my lights on my car and it distracted the drivers so he told my to put up a tin shield to not make it as distracting."

"'24001. This division and Division 13 (commencing at Section 29000), unless otherwise provided, applies to all vehicles whether publicly or privately owned when upon the highways, including all authorized emergency vehicles.'

Everything in this reply that I have posted is a part of this section, which means that the officer neglected to continue reading the rest of the section, had he done so, he would have seen, as you will in a minute, that neons are in fact legal, whether the tubes show or not. Continue reading and you will see.

'24003. No vehicle shall be equipped with any lamp or illuminating device not required or permitted in this CODE," (everything in here is part of this code) "nor shall any lamp or illuminating device be mounted inside a vehicle unless specifically permitted by this code. This section does not apply to:

(a) Interior lamps such as door, brake and instrument lamps, and map, dash, and dome lamps designed and used for the purpose of illuminating the interior of the vehicle.

(b) Lamps needed in the operation or utilization of those vehicles mentioned in Section 25801, or vehicles used by public utilities in the repair or maintenance of their service, or used only for the illumination of cargo space of a vehicle while loading or unloading.

(c) Warning lamps mounted inside an authorized emergency vehicle and meeting requirements established by the department.
                        25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the exterior of the vehicle that emits a diffused nonglaring light of not more than 0.05 candela per square inch of area.'

NOW PAY ATTENTION HERE, IT IS ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING:

'25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the EXTERIOR of the vehicle that emits a diffused NONGLARING light of not more than 0.05 candela per SQUARE INCH of area.

(b) Any diffused nonglaring light shall not display RED to the FRONT, but may display OTHER COLORS. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the VISIBILITY or EFFECTIVENESS of any REQUIRED lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle.

(c) A diffused nonglaring lamp or device, other than a display sign authorized by subdivision (d), shall be limited in size to an area of 720 square inches and where any lease, rental, or donation is involved the installation of the lamp or device shall be limited to those vehicles operated either primarily within business or residential districts or municipalities, or between business districts, residential districts, and municipalities in close proximity.

(d) An internally illuminated sign emitting not more than 0.25 candela per square inch and possessing copy which does not contain a white background may be displayed on each side, but not on the front or rear, of a trolley coach or of a bus being operated in urban or suburban service as described in Section 35107 of this code.'

In short, neons are LEGAL, TUBES SHOWING OR NOT. BITE ME ALL OF YOU COPS THAT EVER TRY TO PULL ME OVER OR ANYONE ELSE THAT EMPOWERS HIM/HER SELF WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE."

This is me talking again, check out this post, it discusses where to buy neons. My suggestion is to email buyneonlights.com to see if the items are in stock before you buy from them.

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c&f=5&t=000874

Also, DO NOT buy from streetglow.com. They charge about $300 for their kit that can be found for $150 at other places.
                        <a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1991 Firebird - 3.1L V6</a> with custom K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Sony CD, MTX 4-ch amp, 2 MTX 10\" subs, Sony & Polk speakers, Eagle Wheels<br /><br /><a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1997 Firebird Trans Am</a> with T-Tops, Panasonic CD, Alpine Speakers, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and Lingenfelter CAI.

Comment

Ok, then all of yall that are gonna fight the cops, go for it. No you may not get any tickets, but you will get hassled continuously. I've been stopped twice for a warning and I'm tired of it. I don't like them so much that I am willing to get pulled over every other night I have them on. Cops do have a way of getting what they want. So as a warning to all of you considering this, be warned. I love mine, but they will never be on when I'm driving.

Comment

What color do you think would look good on a pewter camaro??? i was thinkin red or sumthin but im not sure yet/ what do you guys/gals think?
                            -Chris<br />2001 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Current Mods: NOS Dry Kit and a few others<br />N/A: 15.5@88.9MPH<br />N2O: ??? <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888</a>

Comment

I put red neons in my ram air intake in my hood. I love the way it looks. I used two 10" tubes, and hid them both out of sight. The intake lights up like a fire breathing dragon. I recommend it to everybody with an SLP ram air hood.

Joe
                              All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X