120 to 150 cluster swap +opinions needed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

120 to 150 cluster swap +opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 to 150 cluster swap +opinions needed

what i've gotten from the searches is that you can swap a 150 gauge cluster inplace of your 120 gauge cluster pretty easily with just one minor correcting mod. this is true whether it is the 94-96 or 97-02 versions. am i correct so far? if i am, then i could, theoretically, swap in a "94-96 camaro z28" indiglo gauge cluster. right?

i just don't know if i want to do the swap, because my whole dash is black, and i like it and am afraid the white gauge faces would stand out too much. anyone else swapped in indiglo gauges or white face gauge overlays? how do you like it? thanks for the help! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

I did the White Face guage overlay, but it was on my 110MPH cluster not the V8 one. I think it looks cool as Hell!!

As for the guage swap, everything will fit just fine, the only problem is that your tachometer will be off. It will only register 75% of your actual RPM, very noticable at high RPM. That could be deadly if you have a manual and someone borrows your car then blows the motor. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Im not much on white face gauges, and IMO the 150 speedo is useless for the street.

I mean, when are you going to exceed 125mph on the street anyhow? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Also, I find the 0-125mph dash to be more USABLE on the street since the marks are further apart - its easier to read.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: TheCardinal ]</p>
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

good point on the speedo, card. where did you get your overlay, rev? how much?
        95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
          Im not much on white face gauges, and IMO the 150 speedo is useless for the street.

I mean, when are you going to exceed 125mph on the street anyhow? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Also, I find the 0-125mph dash to be more USABLE on the street since the marks are further apart - its easier to read.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: TheCardinal ]
          <hr></blockquote>

May be true but the first thing girls say when they get in the car is "it only goes 110?" Kind of pisses me off.
          Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X