decision time (wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decision time (wheels)

ok...i have narrowed my wheel choice down to three, and was wondering which ones you guys think i should get.

Option 1 (17" OE Concepts C5 wheels)

Option 2 (17" SLP Firehawk Wheels)

Option 3 (18" Eagle Wheels)

i am partial to the C5 and Eagle one's myself [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but just want to know the general opinion of the rest of the board :D

Thanks Guys... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: 97BIRD ]

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: 97BIRD ]</p>

Eagles.
    1996 Y87 A4 Firebird<br />Black, T-tops, Halogen Headlights<br />Infinity Speakers<br />3\" Flowmaster Cat-Back<br />SLP CAI<br />Rebuilt 3.8 with 18k<br />(Stupid Headgasket)

Comment

C5 wheels [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] I shall let it speak for itself [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

3 responses...

1 for Eagle
          1 for C5
          1 for Firehawk

you're not helping me here guys (j'k), seems to be a varied response, but we'll see how it all sorts out. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me break the tie, C5! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
              Let me break the tie, C5! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Agreed! 3 votes for C5 [img]smile.gif[/img]
              <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

sorry guys, but i just couldn't justify paying $300 more for those C5 wheels. The Eagle one's are on the way. Now all i gotta do is find some tires. :D

BTW: Does anyone know how much going from 16's to 18's makes your speedometer off??

Comment

If you run the right profile tire, it wont toss your speedo off one bit.

I recommend 285/35R18's if you can afford them, thats the widest you can go...
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                  Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

C5
                    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
                      If you run the right profile tire, it wont toss your speedo off one bit.

I recommend 285/35R18's if you can afford them, thats the widest you can go...
                      <hr></blockquote>

If he gets 285 wouldn't he have to get spacers? I think 265 would be PLENTY wide. Too big can hurt performance ya know....especially in handling..
                      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

how much did those 18" Eagle's cost? how much will the rubber be?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camaro7577lover:
                          how much did those 18" Eagle's cost? how much will the rubber be?<hr></blockquote>

They were $650 shipped and the 265/35-18 W-Rated Pirelli P7000's that i want are $190 a piece.

Can't wait for them to get here...i'll try and post some pics as soon as i can.

Comment

Wow, that's a good price for those eagle wheels. Where did you buy them from? They look nice in the picture.
                            <a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1991 Firebird - 3.1L V6</a> with custom K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Sony CD, MTX 4-ch amp, 2 MTX 10\" subs, Sony & Polk speakers, Eagle Wheels<br /><br /><a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1997 Firebird Trans Am</a> with T-Tops, Panasonic CD, Alpine Speakers, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and Lingenfelter CAI.

Comment

i don't think you can go any bigger than 255 width. the wheels are only 8'' wide.
                              94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X