Removing rubbing compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing rubbing compound

I had a few marks on my car a couple of months ago so i got some rubbing compound and took them out, however, it is a little bit dull where I used the compound. Any tips on getting the rest of the compound off?
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

um sounds to me like you rubbed the clear coat off
    the only thing you can temporarly do is put some good polish on those areas.. Rubbing compound?? what were you thinking? I'snt that the stuf abrasive and then you re clear coat it?

Im just assuming thats what your talking about since you called it rubbing "compound" and now you have dull areas on the car.

Comment

Moving to APPEARANCE
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

We do this kind of thing at work all the time (detail shop), Use a high speed buffer with the compound (unless you don't know how to buff which might make the problem worse) then put some wax or polish on it. That should work if not good luck [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

jon
        04 black comp G GTP<br />*sold* 2000 z28 6speed <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/extinctls1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X