Where can I buy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy....

When I bought my Firebird from the dealer, they had to take off the piece to put on my front license plate. (the plate with the bird on it) can't think of the name right now... [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

I know I have to have my plate on the front by Mass law, so I'm guessing this is why they didn't put it on.

any idea where i can buy this?
    Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

From the poniatic dealership or maby you can find one in a junkyard if you are lucky.
    98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

I bought mine from eBay Auctions (when someone stole the original license plate cover off my Firebird).

Search for Firebird license plate cover or Trans am plate cover. There's a guy who sells the covers every week and they're all brand new in a GM factory bag. Best yet, he sells them for about $25 instead of $80 (what Pontiac dealers charge).

Changing the subject, does anyone know where I can get a clear front license plate cover for my 2001 Firebird?

Front plates are required in CA so I had to take the original piece off and hang it in my room. I just hate having a flat spot in the front of my car. I miss having the lic plate cover in the front. The car looks much sleeker that way.

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: crazygrrrl ]</p>
      2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

I live in CA and haven't had a front plate ever. I've never been stopped for it.

The car looks better with out one anyway, just check out the pics of mine with the link in my sig. :D

Comment

The part number for the original front cover is 10276353. Try GM Part Direct.

As for the clear ones, Bodyformsdesign is no longer online. The guy who used to make them decided to stop because he says he wasnt selling enough of them to be worth his time.

I am not sure if he still has any but you can email rreed5@home.com . He made a cover that might interest you.

Comment

I just don't understand why some states require front license plates ("tags" as we call them here). And it really hurts the looks of so many cars. What, are those states afraid of "reverse driving" criminals? ("Another unidentified backing up crime; film at 11")

I am so glad Florida does not require this bone head concept.
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

my advice is keep the front liscense plate in your car and if you get pulled over for it tell them the original part broke and it's in the mail. you should have it on in a few days. chances are you won't even get pulled over so you won't have to do this
              Joe<br />White \'96 Firebird A4<br />Y87, SLP CAI, Honeycomb Taillights

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X