Colored Instrument Cluster (Again?!?!) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colored Instrument Cluster (Again?!?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored Instrument Cluster (Again?!?!)

I, like a lot of others want to do this. I have a 2k.
    Does anybody have a checklist of what we need.

For example for the instrument cluster you need, 19 lights and the serial number is __________
    The radio needs ?? lights and serial number is _____

Also Is it possible to change the color the Clock is?
    2000 Light Pewter Metallic<br />RIP...15FEB03

On the back of the cluster you have 19 little bulbs that twist out. A #194 size bulb will re-fit into those grommets easily. Now, this is speaking for the 1996 camaro cluster..don't quote me on the 2000's. Anyway, the stereo I don't think you can change those lights...as far as the AC unit, those are really tiny bulbs that I can't figure out yet either. In fact, I broke one trying to pull it out, so now my AC unit is dim on one side... looks kinda cool though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Many say go with APC bulbs because they aren't painted on. I would if I could have afforded it. They are like 4.99 a pair (so you're looking at $50 for just the bulbs). I just bought the standard autozone 194 red bulbs. They look great, but the paint may chip off in the future. No problem for me, I'll just replace them. Who knows, maybe I'll want to change the color by then anyway.

You're also going to need a 7mm socket.. and there are some tough places to reach so you may want to invest in a flexible one. Trust me, i lost a 7mm socket... it rests somewhere behind my cluster...

Good luck
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

you only need 8 bulbs for a 2000. I will get you pictures up on how to do it. I did this 2 my old car and I loved it I recommend wal-mart lights they have a plastic coat on them and look much better.
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone else had a hell of a time getting that first bezel piece out? The first time I did it I got it out after alot of pulling but the second time I just broke one of the pieces that pop in so I could get it out without fear of snapping the whole thing in half.

98 has 9 bulbs in it. Great thing about that is they come in sets of two and the glove box takes a 194 so that makes 10 :D
        1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X