HELP ..what kind of scratches & how to remove? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ..what kind of scratches & how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ..what kind of scratches & how to remove?

Hi,
    i have thses sratches in my car, they seem be from the car wash my mother took my car to, i told her a touch less wash but she took it to a local brush wash place. Its not her fault its mine, i should have hand washed it. Anyways now i notice that there seem to be small feint scratch marks in the clearcoat, i cant see them in daylight, but i can slightly begin to see them in the street lights at night,they seem to be little rings wherever the light hits the car. so what kinds of scratches are these? Can Zaino fill these on or should i take it to a detail shop to be buffed, because i dont trust myself with a buffer and a swirl mark remover.
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

They are swirl marks most likely. Every car has some kind of swirl marks and under certain lighting they look bad. I suggest using the Zaino system with the Z5 swirl remover. Over time you should see a difference in the paint but I would not suggest using a buffer; your car is still very new and I'm sure the paint isn't "damaged". It'll just take a little patience and your problem should be resolved.
    ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

Another thing to try is Meguire's Scratch-X...

I had some swirl marks on the plastic for the brake lights, one application and I can't see them anymore.

However, Scratch-X doesn't help much for larger scratches, anything past a swirl mark and it'll take several applications to work, if it does at all.

I have never used Zaino, but I know its good stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] So you can't go wrong there.

Also, some future tips.
      - Never take your car to any kind of car wash, brushes will make swirl marks, touchless might get water into your car.

- If you take it to a "do it yourself" wash, don't use the brush they provide. That will leave swirl marks too (I know, I had a few on my finish, scratch-x got those out). One good thing about these do it yourself places is the high pressure spray is useful to get road tar etc. off. Just dont' point it at your t-tops or window molding.

- Use cotton and only cotton on your car. Anything else and you risk swirl marks. Best way to wash your car is w/ a cotton mit or towel then dry the car w/ cotton towels.

- Finally, if you ever have some really caked on grime, turtle wax bug & tar remover works well. Let it sit for a few mintues and it'll take it all off.
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        4 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X