i'm going to install t-tops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm going to install t-tops!

i've got dave's t-tops install webpage. anyone know of any others? Domestic Violence, you mentioned you had some pics, are they on your computer? i'd love 'em if they are! i'm going to take out my seats and have at it! i really want t-tops, but i don't want to sell my car to get them! my dad who lives 10 miles away has a z-28 w/t-tops, so i can use his as a guide! i will order the parts next week. is speedautomotive the only place anyone's heard of to buy the parts? thanks, and i'll take lots of pics! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

I've always wanted T-tops too! Keep us posted and let us know how it went! :cool:
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

TAKE PICTURES! ... with detailed directions...

make a DETAILED webpage... i hate when people make webpages and either just put up pictures with no descriptions or no pictures with crappy directions. we wanna see how you do it, with tips on what you'd do / wouldn't do next time, and prices for everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes!! I will pay for good directions because Im considering this also!!! Even if you can't setup a web page, please takes notes, prices, and pictures. Give Kerry Lambert's Auto a call! He's a real good F-body/Corvette salvage yard located in the mid-west. I've ordered several things from him. Number: 1-877-728-0409
        Definatly let us know how this goes. As you can see, there's quite a few people here interested.

Best of luck!

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: jmeccia ]</p>
        Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

i got an email back from speedautomotive and the price for the t-top kit has dropped to $400!!!! :cool: i'm going to call one place in town that might do t-top install, and if they can't or they're too expensive, then i'll be doing it my self! i figure i should be able to do it all for under $650 and that includes buying sawzall, etc!!! hopefully i'll be able to do it with my 15th paycheck, if not i will do it with my tax return at the latest!!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

Comment

If i had this option, i would put in a TARGA top!!! That's where the fun is at. Maybe you could fashion one from a Vette or something, who knows. I love my T's though. :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> originally posted by wilsoncj6:
              i'm going to call one place in town that might do t-top install <hr></blockquote>
              I see you're in FL. Let me know if the shop will do it, because I want Ts so bad, I'll take the drive!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
              originally posted by Scott Black:
              If i had this option, i would put in a TARGA top!!! <hr></blockquote>

I've been thinking about that too!

wilson- what's the link to dave's t-top install page?

edit: im an idiot [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: jmeccia ]</p>
              Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

http://www.dw-zone.com/t-tops/t-top.htm

alot of work, but looks worth it!!! :cool:

Comment

Just bookmarked that site! I'm seriously considering this! As you learn info about it, please let me know [img]smile.gif[/img] :cool:

Comment

Have fun, those things aren't easy
                    <a href=\"http://www.velocitysix.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Velocity Six Car Club</a><p>1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />15.384@87.13mph

Comment

I want to do that so bad, but the money is tight right now and, I would be afraid of screwing it up.

The targa top would be really hard because the brace on the middle of the T-Tops is holding the top of the car steady. Cut that and you will get a lot of flex, and the shape inbetween the roll bar and the windsheild would change.

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                      -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

trans am creations emailed me this today in reply to my add t-tops query:

"A used roof is $150
                        2 used T-Tops are $400 pair.
                        A used headliner is $50
                        Used interior T-Top trim panels are $25 set
                        Used T-Top weatherstrip is $50 set.

Trans Am Creations
                        4767 East 10th Lane
                        Hialeah, FL 33013

Phone (305) 769-0985, Fax (305) 769-0932
                        Monday - Friday = 9:00 - 5:00
                        Saturday = 10:00 - 4:00"

i'd be interested in what the "used roof" looks like, but price wise, speedautomotive at $400 is still the way to go! this is another option though! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, im sure speedautomotive is the way to go! I just bought a new rear end from them today! $300 for a complete rear end with the disc brakes and 3.42 ratio!! Schweet!! Now I'll have the discs Ive been wanting and the 3.42 w/ LSD!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

But thanks for keeping us posted!! ;)

Comment

I am interested in a new rearend for my Camaro. I was wondering if $300 included shipping, if not how much for the shipping. Thanks, Michael

Comment

i've got a bunch of pictures on a cd.

here's an e-mail i found of a guy who did his....

Doing a sunroof would take an extreme amount of fabrication that I
                              wouldn't
                              dare do. In the 4th gen F-bodies the T-top frame is already under the
                              fiberglass panel (that's all the roof of the car is actually). The
                              only
                              thing that separates the t-top frames from the hard tops are two
                              crossbeams
                              that make up the weather-stripping holders across the top of the
                              windows.
                              http://www.geocities.com/kzyfst1/Con...CttngSppt1.jpg

This is a picture of someone else's car after the fiberglass roof was
                              removed. You can see that there's only the two crossbeams. Under the
                              crossbeams is the actual T-top bracket holes. You'll need to adjust
                              each
                              T-top bracket separately but that's not very hard at all. The only
                              trouble
                              spot I had was getting the corners to seal. I had to use a lot of
                              silicone
                              to fill in the gaps but when it gets warmer I'll be able to fiberglass
                              them
                              in instead. With the fiberglass it'll look like a factory install.
                              The
                              holes for the cross bar (black bar in the middle) are already
                              pre-drilled,
                              you just need to drill in the mounting screws. When you line up the
                              T-tops
                              you must pay attention to the weather-stripping against the window as
                              well.
                              If you don't get it to sit flush against the window you will get leaks.
                              I
                              got one on the passenger side but moving the mounting brackets a little
                              to
                              the outer edges will take care of that. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't have any pictures
                              developed yet of my conversion but I used these pictures as a
                              reference.

http://www.geocities.com/kzyfst1/Conversion/

If you do decide to do it, do not look back until you are done. There
                              was
                              one person already that froze in the middle of it and I feel for him.
                              He
                              got it done though. It took me about 19-21 solid hours of work to do
                              it but
                              it was very much worth it since I've missed my T-tops for some time.
                              As for
                              cost, I had wrecked my 95 Z-28 a few years ago and took all the parts I
                              needed off of it. Out of the other people that had to buy the parts
                              their
                              cost had been around $400-$500 for all the parts used from junkyards.
                              Some
                              people get the headliners, others order them from the dealer. Since I
                              sold
                              my headliner and I'm poor I just cut mine to fit and pulled back the
                              cloth
                              over the edges. A little Elmer's glue, clothespins and about an hour
                              of
                              waiting and I had a headliner that looks factory. All in all it was
                              very
                              worth it. I did everything myself and didn't need any special tools.
                              I was
                              using an air cutter but my air compressor took a dump on me in the
                              middle of
                              it so I switched to a hack saw. It took longer because of it but it
                              got the
                              job done. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. This
                              e-mail or the other one will be fine. - James

and this is from speedautomotive.....

Chris, the T-Top kits are $500 plus s&h. That includes all parts execpt for the headliner. Most people just trim, and cover there liner. Please give me a call. I have one coming in next week. These always sell before I ever get the car home.

Thanks Scott
                              www.speedautomotive.com
                              1-800-368-0116

hope that helps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X