Oh hell yes! Now this is a Camaro hood! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh hell yes! Now this is a Camaro hood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh hell yes! Now this is a Camaro hood!

functional Ram Air! I really damn well like!

SLP makes these. They say 10HP for us V6ers.

Yeah I actually like that hood [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I like it, but I prefer the SS hood over that one. Although, I do think it's a great hood for the V6s because it's different. That's why I went with the SLP Ram Air H.O. hood, because it was different, fit my car nicely, looks awesome, and was a lot less expensive. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      ~Jennifer~<p>« Black 2002 WS6 » <br />¤ Flowmaster 80 <br />¤ Painted Calipers | Black / Silver Decals<br />¤ 5% Tint | All Around<br />¤ Zaino | =)

Comment

I like it. But would the ram air still work w/ the slp cai & whisper lid?
        <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

98+ camaro SS hoods functional ram air too? or is that hood just for looks?
          -Chris<br />2001 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Current Mods: NOS Dry Kit and a few others<br />N/A: 15.5@88.9MPH<br />N2O: ??? <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888</a>

Comment

My airbox is in the wrong place... stupid 1996 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

have you seen the suncoast creations version, it is a little different and IMO a little better looking, check it out. www.suncoastcreations.com
              1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

That's the one I'm gonna get for my turbo setup :D My intercooler is going to sit right on the radiator shroud or in that area and the air scoop will keep it nice and cool [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                ---<br />-\'95 3.4L M5 Camaro

Comment

ultra z is completely ugly in my opinion!!
                  I prefer suncoast creations
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

For the Camaro, nothing looks better to me than the SS hood.

For the Firebirds, they actually have GOOD looking aftermarket hoods. I love the one LadyFirebird has, damn awesome IMO!! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

slp ultra Z rules!
                      suncoast ultra Z is fugly!
                      i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

hmmmm...$69.50 per horsepower? not my bag...but once i get the car FINISHED (once the warranty goes bye bye), that'd add some flair. very nice lookin hood.
                        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

That suncoast hood is ugly... It looks like a damn cow nose. I prefer hoods that are functional and look elegant rather than looking like some chump went at it with a sawzall.

Comment

Suncoast hood is ugly as all heck. I think the slp ultra z is the best hood around for a camaro. The best part is its functional. I would love to get that hood and plan on doing so in the future.

Comment

looks like someone put the cowl on backwards. i've seen a few around here with them and it looks horrible. i've only seen one camaro in this area with a 2" cowl hood and it makes the SS hood look puny.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X