Painting wheel wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting wheel wells

....Especially if you have a black car. I hate it when you have a really nice looking paint job, but your dirty wheel wells take away from it. Painting them makes your car look so much better! It's a must do for anyone. Can be done in about an hour..

Any pics to back that up? :D
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Yeah I to would like to see pics. I thought about doing this. What kind of paint did you use? My buddy has a paint gun, and I was thinking about a nice gloss black with my bright red car.
      Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

I took pics....I'll see what I can do....I took them with a digital camera so I only got half of them.......Just use Gloss or Flat Black spray paint and it'll turn out really good

Comment

I just looked at my pics....The only ones that turned out were the before pics as I had it jacked up.......Just imagine a solid black wheel well that's conformed in one entire color... :D

Comment

Like they said, use a semi-gloss or flat black paint. I jack each wheel up individually, and also use 2 inch masking tape to make sure you don't get spray paint on your paint. Works well, I've done it about 3 times.
            1996 Camaro (Black, M5, every option except Y87)<BR>Best ET/MPH: 15.18 @ 90.4 (2.094 60 foot!!!)<BR>-SLP CAI, Flowmaster Exhaust, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch<BR>-1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, B&M Ripper Shifter, Hypertech 160 T-stat, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace<BR>-Black Gran Sport rims (17 x 9.5\'s in front, 17 x 11\'s in rear) w/ Dunlop SP Sport 8000\'s<BR>-5% tint all around, nice beats<P>Not installed: Taylor Spiro wires and NGK iridium\'s, Comp TA R1\'s on stock wheels

Comment

Just use rocker Guard, you can buy it pretty much anywhere, it comes in a spray can, take your wheels off, tape up the painted parts with newspaper etc to protect it from the spray. I'm sure you wouldn't want a nice paint finish to have black paint allover....you'll probably need about 3-4 cans...depends what size though, my spray cans were pretty big.

good luck

PV
              Perry V.<br />\'97 Chameleon Bird w/ too many toys to list.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/umvagia0\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.goecities.com/umvagia0</a>

Comment

Or just clean them! haha. I used armor all and got them squeaky @$$ clean.
                2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Armor All is just gonna stick up inside there and cause more dirt to stick to it.....

Comment

Well, use water.
                    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
                      Or just clean them! haha. <hr></blockquote>

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Mine arent usually that dirty, though I did post a pic in a nother post where they were [img]redface.gif[/img] but they should be pretty easy to clean unless your car has years and years of gunk down there.

Comment

i know this sounds crazy but, take the wheel off and use wd-40 on the wheel wells, they will look new.
                        -Steve

Comment

doesnt wd40 start to eat through plastic and rubber
                          2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

yea WD-40 will start to do that...i usually spray my engine down with it....you'll see dirt stuck to it after a little while...painting it is the way to go!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X