Opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted

I covered the "camaro" piece in the back with black vinyl as a temporary thing to see if I like it before I paint it. I just took a pic but it's not that great cause it's a little dark out. I'll have another one tomorrow but I figured I would get some opinions. I don't know if the link will work cause my server sucks but here it goes

http://raven1469.0catch.com/R5.JPG
    1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Nothing personal but in my opinion I don't like it. I think it kind of takes away from the car. I seen a white camaro with it black like that. But hey if you like it go for it man. It's all you.

Ted

Comment

It's not too bad..If you go paint all of it, then go back and put in red letters in the indentions in the back it might look pretty good. That is what Berger Chevrolet did with their special souped up Camaros.

Comment

To me, it is like a pokadot. It makes the car look out of place. It's kind of abstract. Maybe if your car was like dark blue it would look okay. I saw the Berger Camaro's and it's the one thing I didn't like about them. I'd probably order the Camaro without that piece. Simply, in my opinion it doesn't. If you had an SS or Z style hood and painted the scoop black or silver or something then that looks good. The Camaro has smooth lines and subtle curves. That's why many people love Camaro's. They are sleek, clean, and sexy. In other words, certain things can apear to clutter the car up. Carbon fiber would be better looking, but I still wouldn't like the way it looks. I would just get the rear letter fill ins. Those look real clean and stand out without being too loud. I think they're a must for every Camaro owner.
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

I don't really care for it. If you like it keep it, that's all that really matters.
          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

"with their special souped up Camaros"

LOL
            Have you seen one of these? I have seen plenty, what a joke! since when did exhaust and intake add 75hp?!?!?!?! LOL!
            anyhoo, they suck
            -Steve

Comment

The 2001 Berger SS has 380Hp and 400ft/lbs torque...It's an engine/appearance package that has been done to the engine...It's not just exhaust....yes I've seen it.
              <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>The Berger Camaro SS will feature a modified version of Chevrolet's LS1 5.7 liter V-8 engine producing 375 horsepower. Included in the Berger 75th Anniversary package are the engine, suspension, exhaust, convenience, cosmetic and commemorative modifications to what starts life as a fully-optioned 2000 Camaro SS convertible or coupe with t-tops.
              <hr></blockquote>
              They dyno their cars....They get the horsepower they say. I'd definitely buy one

Comment

Berger is not only a "package" but a reputation. Years of modifying have come out of Grand Rapids, MI with them. COPO's, 396 SS, Nova's... you name it, they did it. Scott Berger owns a very nice orange w/ white strips one. Custom only to him. That would be the one I would want or his dad's. The Yellow with black strips :D

Steve
                FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

all THESE cars are like that. and yes, painting the back black is on my to-do list. i like it and think it gives it an 'old style' look.

Comment

I love how it looks. I'm actually having mine painted flat black tomorrow (along with my SS wing).
                    It adds some character to the dammn things. I love how mine looks but I love how that black piece looks along with the fact that it begins to separate it from the other 10 gabillion camaros out there.
                    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      1 day ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X