Washing the engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing the engine?

Whenever I go to wash my car I always consider washing my engine. but someone told me that it was bad to wash your engine when it's hot. I don't know, if anyone knows the specifics please reply. like when to clean and what to be carefull of while cleaning?
    Thanks, any help appreciated.
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

If your engine is really hot and the water is really cold that is bad. It can crakc I heard. Its like putting an ice cube in a cup and running hot water over it. The cube will usually crack in half. Just dont use freezing cold water and try to wash it when the engine is at a cool temp and running. Then you should be ok.

Comment

Let it cool down...use an engine degreaser and watch out for electrical areas. Cover your alternator with a trash bag.......I usually dust mine down, lightly spray, WD-40, wipe it down and it'll stay clean for quite a while.....

Comment

Moving to APPEARANCE
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X