Whats the best brand of wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best brand of wax?

What is the best brand of wax, either spray or paste? I dont want to buy the most expensive stuff just because it costs the most, unless it really is better. Any tips?

[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: saturn2187 ]</p>
    1998 Sport Metallic Gold Camaro<br />Current Mods<br />AIWA CD/MP3 player<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Dual 3.5\" chrome exhaust tips<br />Removed Front Grill<br />Functional RAM AIR, ss-style hood<br />Exhaust Cutout<p>Future Mods:<br />Leather Seats<br />Improved audio system<br />Different wheels<br />Indiglo gauges<p><a href=\"http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/\" target=\"_blank\">http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/</a>

You'll get alot of different opinions on this topic. Popular opinion tends to stay with Zaino Bro. Car Wax.
    Personally I use Meguiar's Gold Class and I love the after effects.

Look at it this way - all wax does the same thing, some of them make your car look more shiney though [img]smile.gif[/img]

From what I can tell Zaino and Gold Class are the 2 most used around these parts
    <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

I have used both Meguiars and Zaino. I thought the Meguiars looked better, and besides I think people are hooked on zaino because they like to say "zaino".
      1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Original 4th Gen V6:
        I have used both Meguiars and Zaino. I thought the Meguiars looked better, and besides I think people are hooked on zaino because they like to say "zaino".<hr></blockquote>

I concur.
        2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I've used both Meguiars and Zaino as well. My car had swirl marks when I bought it and the Meguiars did nothing for them. After a few coats of Zaino, they really cleared up and its very hard to see any swirl marks on my paint. As far as the final shine goes, I didn't see much of a difference between the two until I used a claybar (and no it wasn't the zaino one) on my paint. After that, it was quite clear the Zaino had a better shine and deep reflective appearance. In my experience as well, one application of Zaino will far outlast one application of Meguiars. It stays on the paint through everything, sun, rainstorms, washes, or anything else you can throw at it. It just plain lasts.

Comment

Translation:

Try them both on several occasions and decide for yourself because like they say...

opnions are like bumholes...
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I like Meguiars Gold Class - See Photo

2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

nice
                1998 Sport Metallic Gold Camaro<br />Current Mods<br />AIWA CD/MP3 player<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Dual 3.5\" chrome exhaust tips<br />Removed Front Grill<br />Functional RAM AIR, ss-style hood<br />Exhaust Cutout<p>Future Mods:<br />Leather Seats<br />Improved audio system<br />Different wheels<br />Indiglo gauges<p><a href=\"http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/\" target=\"_blank\">http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/</a>

Comment

Meguiar's Gold Class user here.
                  2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Zaino Zaino Zaino Zaino!!!!!!!!!
                    <b>Red 1996 Firebird 5-speed:</b><br />-Zexel-Torsen LSD, SLP CAI, B&B TriFlow Exhaust, 1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE LCA\'s, 160 Degree Thermostat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, B&M Ripper Shifter, 245/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and lots of Zaino<p><b>White 1990 5.0L Camaro IROC-Z:</b><br />-Flowmaster Muffler, NGK\'s/Taylors<br /><i>-SOLD</i>

Comment

After zillions of products used and tons of Money wasted, I got to the conclusion that Zaino is the best in terms of Shine, application and endurance.

There is as many Zainomaniacs as Zaino haters, so the best thing you should do is to see and try it for yourself.

IMO the one product that came close to the Zaino is the MALMS. But they are a different kind products since it is a Carnauba wax. Don’t fall in the myth that Carnauba smear with heat. Believe me, that’s is a damn lie, I live in Sacramento. But the truth is that you get for what you pay for. Some people are happy with the shine a $5 product give to their cars, and that’s fine as long they are happy with it. I am a little bit more demanding, exigent or too perfectionist than most people. That is why I used only those two ( Zaino or Malms)

Both are expensive but worth it! (IMO)

For Swirl Mark you need to go somewhere else……. Zaino don’t do the job here. I found the 3M Swirl remover the best so far. Believe me……..my car is Black!!!! (the first and last)

This pic is NOT my car, but my results are about the same with the Zaino and MALMS products.

This is a poor quality pic of my car but still show a little bit of what you can get with Zaino or MALMS. To be honest, the pic do not make justice. Next time I’ll try to get a better shot with a better camera. ;)

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: JCM ]</p>

Comment

I use mothers, looks just a good as zaino I think
                        (my friend uses zaino) Use Mothers clay bar first then use monthers california gold, and wow it will shine. At least my car does.
                        1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X