95 to 98 convert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 to 98 convert?

I searched the hell out of the boards and found nothing, so here goes.

I love the new front end look on the 98+ cars. I love the pre-98 rear end with the two-lamp lights. I have a 95 and I wondered how hard/expensive it would be to change the front end over to the 98 style.

I know I'll need: Hood, Headlights, Front Bumper, related lights, etc.

Will I need new front fenders? They look the same to me but I'm no expert on this subject. Any ideas?

Parts won't be a problem. I can get front clips (minus engine) from just about any GM car through a source of mine for less than $2000. (won't tell, don't ask)

Has anyone done this before? Surely there is someone.
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

I talked o guy who did it, He said they clips bolt on and all that you really have to do is change the wires on the lights and what not. Not that hard
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

i dunno how much but its gonna cost a lot
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Not really if you know how to do it yourself and where to get parts, If I wanted to do it on my car I could have it done and painted for $1000-$1500
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

The people at Graham's Camaro & Firebird Salvage down the road from me did this for the owner's daughter. It's a '94-'95 Camaro, '98+ front-end, 3.4L V6, convertible too. Looks nice, not sure what this would cost though.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I guess my main concern is the Front fenders. I wonder if I'll have to change them... I'lljust get the clip and try it out. I'll post pics if I decide to do it!
            Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

i did a search and found a message board where this was posted. the replies said you'd need everything from the windshield forward. i know the fenders are different so you'd need the composite headlamps, both side fenders, hood, and front bumper; basically the entire front clip.

i think it's a good upgrade. the 98+ front end looks much cleaner and smoother than the older fourth gens. check some salvage yards.

Comment

i have a expired page from ebay, maybe you can contact the guy and see if he has any left, it comes complete with everything,including hood and fenders. let me know if your get it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...092165&r=0&t=0
                1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

2500 dollars, damn. You can almost do a LT1 conversion for that price. That only bidder is a moran to pay that much.
                  1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X