Corbeau Racing Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbeau Racing Seats

I have a few questions about seats if you please...

1)What are the stock weight and dimensions on the driver and passanger seats on a '95 bird?

2)Will the A4 fit diredctly in it's place?

3)Can I actually put these seat in my car?

4)Do I just bolt the 5-point harness to the floor?

thx for all your time and help,

--pete

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: green 95 firebird ]</p>
    <b>RIP:</b> 1995 green firebird <br /><br />\'00 bird soon to come...

shorten your sig. dude. Thats huge. I dont know any thing about the seats, sorry.

Comment

I had Corbeau GTS IIs for my S10.

If they make a bracket for that seat to match up w/ the bolt pattern on the floorpan, then they'll bolt.

If you're worried about dimensions, the corbeau site gives extensive information regarding their seat's height, width, depth. At that point all you'd have to do is go out in your car and get the measurin' stick. As for your stock seat measurements... uhh, dude, go get a tape measure and do it yourself. As for the weight... I know Corbeau lists a weight, but that isn't gonna matter when it comes to fit. Theres a good chance the Corbeau will be lighter.

As for the harness - in order for it to be legal, you must have a roll bar.

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: Cale ]</p>
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I'm guessing, but I'm sure the factory seat weighs more than 50lbs or so. So you're saving some weight there. I'm also guessing here, but the width of the stock seats are pretty close to 20 inches, so it'll fit side to side. My only concern would be the mounting points... I didn't really research it that much.

If all else fails, Get a tape measure. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

About the 5pt, I'm not sure how those work. My racecar had them bolted at the bottom to the framework under the seat, and to the rollbar at the back, but that was an open wheel affair, no real body structure to speak of. I would guess that they moun to the floor.

Bad Azz seat by the way. :cool:
        Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

so if i get pulled over and i dont a roll bar i get ticket?

is that true?

--pete

PS. thx 4 all the other info
          <b>RIP:</b> 1995 green firebird <br /><br />\'00 bird soon to come...

Comment

I ordered the "A4" Corbeau seats yesterday from apex performance. I was told that if the mounting brackets from my stock seats didn't fit, I could easily adapt them to line up using parts from the hardware store.

I ordered the 4-point harness and was told to mount it at no less then a 45 degree angle. I took out my back seat and am going to bolt the over the shoulder harness to the floor where the back seat belt used to bolt in. The lap part of it simply bolts to the floor where your old seat belt was on each side.

Right now I was told they are waiting on another shipment to come in so it will be six-eight weeks before I recieve them.

I have never heard that a roll bar is required for it to be legal. Hope that helps...

Comment

Dude that A4 is a tight looking seat. How much do they cost?
              2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

702 shipped including harnesses.

Comment

You can bolt it to the pan and probably get away with it, but I think come inspection time, it theorteically would not pass. The roll bar addition is a safety precaution when using that harness system.

I'm not educated on this, I have just been told it before. It may vary from state to state and you may not find any trouble at all.
                  2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

LG Motorsports makes a pretty cool Harness Bar for thye f-body. It might be better than throwing an entire role cage in your car. Check out the link below.

Harness Bar
                    - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X