Aftermarket Pedal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Pedal Help

Yesterday I went out and bought a set of Aftermarket pedals... the kinda that just like cover your existing pedals. Anyway, I took off the rubber piece that was covering the break pedal and put on the pedal that I bought and it fit perfect. Then, I went to put on the gas pedal and discovered that for the gas pedal there is no rubber piece that comes off; and, when I tried to just put the new pedal on over that it wouldn't work because the stock gas pedal was too thick. Anyone have any ideas as to what to try or anything? Anyone ever done this before? Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: DJ-BurN ]</p>
    2002 Pontiac Firebird<br />Black, Coupe, Automatic<p>Mods:<br />Dual FlowMaster Exhaust w/ 3\" Chrome Tips

I did the same thing but there was a rubber peice. The problem was that the aftermarket ones were wider than the stock accelerator pedal. Therefor you could not floor it. After a while of tinkering it went on but it is shorter than the stock one so a little but sticks out from the bottom :( oh well
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Cool... thanks ProjectX. My friend was the one that was trying to put it on last time. I just went out there and tried it myself... and I was out there for a good 40 minutes or so, but it WORKED. :D :D :D [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] Thanks for the help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2002 Pontiac Firebird<br />Black, Coupe, Automatic<p>Mods:<br />Dual FlowMaster Exhaust w/ 3\" Chrome Tips

Comment

no problem [img]smile.gif[/img]
        James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X