Painting rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting rims

Hey i found chrome spray paint at advance auto do you think the would look ok on my salad shooters?
    95 3.4 camaro: 3in pacesetters exhaust,Chrome intake stage 2. hopefully more to come.

It's not what you think. It'll just give it the stock "painted" look again. If you want your salads chrome, then strip the old paint off and polish them.
    sigpic

Comment

I tried that chrome on my model cars. It's not really chrome looking, more of a bright silver look. Similar to those wheels available on the Nissan Frontier. Kind of a polish like look. Imagine bright Silver without that metallic-ish flakes in the paint.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

I just posted a topic here on where to buy aircraft stripper. I am going to polish my old salad shooters tomorrow with another kind of metal stripper, but if they come out really nice, I have a few people that want me to polish their wheels.
        I know you will need a good stripper, fine steel wool, buffer and compound to get a really nice shine on aluminum wheels.
        sigpic

Comment

how hard is it to polish rims. what can i use to strip the paint off? I didn't think there was paint on salad shooters.
          95 3.4 camaro: 3in pacesetters exhaust,Chrome intake stage 2. hopefully more to come.

Comment

We did this to my mates Salad Shooters. I've also done the same to the five spokes on my bird. Makes them a little shinier than stock, but i'll agree that the best solution would be to strip and polish. We were just being lazy.
            96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

be forewarned, if you do decide to polish them, be prepared to spend a LOT of time doing it. It will take you forever, but its not that hard. I suggest not using anything like a dremel or really rough grid sandpaper, because every pit you make in the wheel needs to be sanded out. Use the aircraft paint stripper, then use sime higher grit sandpapers to polish it out. start with a relatively high number and move up to 1500 or 2000. after you get them sanded out put some mothers aluminum polish on them.

ive never seen polished Salad shooters before, only chrome. I assume though that they are alumunum and can be polished.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X