Cloth to Leather Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth to Leather Conversion

Has anyone ever swapped their interior cloth seats and door paneling with leather ones? I own a polo green camaro and right now have the graphite interior so I figured that a dark gray leather would work nicely. I've thought about going around to auto salvage places but us there any store that I can by the seats and siding at? Also how do you remove the cloth pads on the side of the doors and install the leather? Im sure this sounds like a long shot but Its just a thought.
    1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

It's hard to find leather sets from a wrecked car. They are usually the first things bought. Ebay is a good place to try. Fbody parts is usually selling alot of leather seats. As for teh door panels. You don't just pull the cloth panel out. When you buy your leather seats, most of the time you get door panels with them too. You have to change the entire door panel just to change it to leather. The door panel is just one piece. If you drive a Camaro, go for some firebird seats :D

Comment

yea ive heard trans am seats are more comfy but i dont know

Comment

I've been wanting to change over to leather also, saw this company advertised in some car magazine, can't remember which one but anyways...

Katzkin

You can either order directly from them or find an installer in your area to put them in. Pretty cool color combinations and options, matching door panels and they can do custom embroidery, like say a Firebird emblem sown into the headrests? That's what I want to do. Only problem is price, almost a grand to do it all, so it might not be the best way to go, but hey, its an option.
        2000 3.8 is gone... 1999 Trans Am is here!<p>SLP lid, CAI, Smooth Bellows, Loudmouth exhaust, Hotchkis STB

Comment

ok guys I am lookin at doin this for 650 or so for Group buy I will inform later where and when when I get a little more more, I will keep you all informed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X