guage overlay/bezel thing?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guage overlay/bezel thing?!?

Hey what up! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the guage bezel the birds have would fit on a camaro, or if anyone has done it yet. It looks like it would fit with little or no modifications at all. In case you don't understand I'm talking about the plastic piece that sort of separates each guage so it looks almost like there are individual guages. I think it looks really good like that with white face guages. So if anybody knows let me know. thanks :D
    1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Just buy the carbon fiber one on Ebay for 20 bucks for your car. It l;looks nice with white face gauges. IMHO
    94 Quasar Blue Z28<br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm</a>

Comment

where on ebay can I find it, I have a '97 the guages are the same as 98-2000 I havn't seen the bezel's on ebay yet. only up to '96 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

I have asked the same thing before. I think the bezel looks really good with the white faces. I'd be interested too if anyone has a part number or knows where to get that piece. Thanks.
        Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

I know that MacEwen has it as a package now. On the website for Z28's and SS's they include the bezel with the guages but they do not offer it for us. I sent them an e-mail to ask if they would sell me a custom package just like the Z28's have or if they would sell me the bezel itself. But I am still waiting for their reply. If you have time e-mail them with a similar question so they will get it through their heads that cool S#IT should be make for V6's too :cool:

Comment

Damn McEwen works fast I already got a response from them and I just sent them an e-mail yesterday. (monday)

Dustin,

We will be redesigning the overlays (as we did for the 1997-2002 Z28) to
            accommodate the TA bezel. The Firebird overlays will not work with your
            cluster, as none of the graphics will line up.

The kit will be priced at $140.00, and include the Firebird lens/bezel. New
            kit should be available in 3 weeks.

If you have any questions, please email me, or call 716-882-5678.
            (M-F 10AM-6PM EST.)

Ryan MacEwen Pruyn
            MacEwen Motorsports
            http://macewen.net/

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -red97rum-:
              Damn McEwen works fast I already got a response from them and I just sent them an e-mail yesterday. (monday)

Dustin,

We will be redesigning the overlays (as we did for the 1997-2002 Z28) to
              accommodate the TA bezel. The Firebird overlays will not work with your
              cluster, as none of the graphics will line up.

The kit will be priced at $140.00, and include the Firebird lens/bezel. New
              kit should be available in 3 weeks.

(M-F 10AM-6PM EST.)

Ryan MacEwen Pruyn
              MacEwen Motorsports
              http://macewen.net/

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
              <hr></blockquote>

Excellent! Thanks for checking that out. I'll email them too so they know there is some demand going on here!

Comment

Here is the email I got back. Looks like it's coming soon!

------------------
                Yes. I will have one available next Monday for the 1999-02 Camaro V6. It
                will be packaged exclusively with the TA/Firebird Bezel.

The price will be the same as the 1999-02 Z28 kits, at $140.00. It will be
                available in Silver and White.

(M-F 10AM-6PM EST.)

Ryan MacEwen Pruyn
                MacEwen Motorsports
                -----------------------

Comment

hell yea just to be sure the '97 guages are the same as 99-2000, right? yea I'm pretty sure they are I have the digital odom. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ummm....It's Monday. Don't see them on the site. Anyone know anything?
                    [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Those bastards!!! Why does it not surprise me :rolleyes:

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: -red97rum- ]
                      you might want to try calling their tech. line and see what happens??!!?!

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: -red97rum- ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X