Straightening license plate frame...HELP.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straightening license plate frame...HELP..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straightening license plate frame...HELP..

OK--I live in Texas, and if you don't have a front plate here, the cops AND the highway patrol will pull your A$$ over.. Anyway, my front frame has been crooked since I bought the car. I've taken the plate off a couple of times to try to straighten the frame, but no dice. The frame appears to be attached to the grille w/rivets and can't be removed w/o having to buy a new frame.. Any help would be MUCH appreciated..
    --chris--

Hah, mine was the exact same way, dealership cant do anything right. I ended up just pulling it all off, and remounting the plate to the grill without the bracket. It looks better without the bracket and its straight now. This was easier than remounting the whole bracket and looks better, good luck

Cp

Comment

Im glad I live in Indiana where you don't have to have front plates! I really don't like the fbodys with the front plates, makes they look weird!
      Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

in iowa you are suppose to have both plates on also.... but i haven't had my front one on for over a year and have never been pulled over for it (i have the bracket just in case though).

Comment

A week in Oregon is all it took to get pulled over. I was lucky and there was an accident up ahead so the cop let me go with a warning. When I first got the car it didn't have the license plate attached. The plastic bracket was sitting in the trunk and I had to figure out how to put it on. I hate the GM dealers sometimes.
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X