NEED HELP ON PAINT ASAP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP ON PAINT ASAP!!!!

i had got into an accident awhile ago and had the rear end fixed and there is over spray on my car where they didnt cover it when the body shop painted how do i get it off??? need help ASAP

thanks andrew
    1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

a very strong polishing compound or probably a clay bar would be your best bet ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

yea i tested out the compound on a little spot adn it took it right off. Oh well nothing more i can do tday thanks for the advice

Andrew
      1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

Comment

Be careful not to overdue it on the compound becuase it is an abrasive.

Comment

Does the paint have a warranty on it? If your insurance covered the damage and you had a respectable body shop do it, they should fix it with overspray on it.

Comment

Well i dunno if it has a warranty but im gonna call my insureance company who sent me there and tell them and see what they see if i cant get the shop to fix it then i think the insureance company should how bad of a job the place they told me to go did.

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: kidkash8009 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kidkash8009:
              i had got into an accident awhile ago and had the rear end fixed and there is over spray on my car where they didnt cover it when the body shop painted how do i get it off??? need help ASAP

thanks andrew
              <hr></blockquote>

dont fix it HAVE THEM FIX IT
              Macco did the same thing on my exhaue and rims..... on my old mustang.... take it back tell them to fix it or you will go to the Better business beauro (spelling???) ... they will do it.... its not cool having a black exhaust pipe that used to be chrome... and a half black rim...

Comment

I got into an accident

I took my car back 5 or 6 times (I am absolutely serious).

I finally had to get the owner of the business involved to get it done right. They actually fired the guy that worked on my car.

I love State Farm, they were very supportive through the whole ordeal.

Advice: Don't yell or scream. It will be very counterproductive. Just take it in and show them the overspray and tell them you want it off by any means necessary (meaning if they have to repaint it, then by golly, repaint it).

Do not make any more attempts to fix it. Wash over the section of the car your buffed with dishwashing liquid to remove any wax from the compound as well.

Good luck!
                2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X