Ground Effects Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Effects Concerns

I've been looking into getting some ground effects for my '96 camaro. I was thinking of purchasing the CA-300 Camaro Ground Effects Package, from http://www.rksport.com/ , along with a complete set of blackouts. I eventually want to have my car repainted, will I be better off waiting on the ground effects until I'm ready to paint the whole car? Also, I unfortunately have to drive 1/2 a mile down a gravel driveway, if I was to get ground effects would I be risking dragging on the ground, and if it did how much damage would it do? Thanks in advance for your help.
    <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

don't run through any holes...if you do get your car painted...do it all at once. You are bound to save a little money

Comment

I drove with wings west gfx and being lowered for a summer in colorado and i drove heavily on dirt roads. Never really had any problems except for holes, bumps, and muddy farm fields with big holes.
      Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Thats why I never purchased a Ground/fx's kit, I seem to find all the hidden holes around my neighborhood and I would probally crack it in a week.
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

True that... I know when I turn into the first driveway that has a steep dip, the whole front fascia will come flying off! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got them on my 97 cam, and i've had little triouble... acouple of nose dives, but nothing serious. You just learn to take driveway ramps at sharp angles [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd never lower the car with them though... makes it undrivable in the city. Only for show or highway...
            1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Watch out for driveways and holes that will hurt bad.
              2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

You're innevitably going to scrape on a steep driveway or speed bump or something like that. Your front fascia is going to take chips from the gravel road, well, probably everything will take chips. I've seen some messed up front fascia's in my time. You'll eventually have to get a new front fascia or live with a jacked up one. As for how long they will look good, I have no idea. What kind of exhaust do you plan on getting, remember that some exhaust might not fit your GFX. I don't know how I would get my Borla to fit. I guess I'll have to find out when the time comes.
                1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

I have the ground effects as well, and I have a few scratches and chips on the front fascia. Most of which happened when i first got the car, you'll learn how to take the driveways and big dips eventually. I rarely ever hit the front fascia on big dips or driveways or anything like that anymore, and on dirt roads I just take it real easy. Just take it easy on the dirt roads and big dips and you'll have no problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Even if you get a few scratches the ground effects will make your car look soooooooooooooo much better!!!! just look at mine

http://97camrs.homestead.com/files/MYCAR.jpg
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    1 day ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X