Just Painted Calipers and added New Rotors... Pics Within.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Painted Calipers and added New Rotors... Pics Within..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Painted Calipers and added New Rotors... Pics Within..

Hey I just finished with painting my calipers glossy black, and upgrading my ugly stock rotors to some cross drilled/slotted rotors.

Here are some pics.. lemme know what yall think..

1. Before Picture

2. My friend cleaning one of the calipers...

3. Clean Caliper painted, and awaiting second coat...

4. Photos of the New Rotor / the Old Rotor

5. The finished after photo..

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

It looks great! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] How much did the rotors cost you, and did you notice a better stopping distance or break responce?

-Justin

P.S. How difficult was the process, what kind of paint did you use, and how long did it take? As you can tell, I am interested. =)
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Justin Kirkham:
        It looks great! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] How much did the rotors cost you, and did you notice a better stopping distance or break responce?

-Justin

P.S. How difficult was the process, what kind of paint did you use, and how long did it take? As you can tell, I am interested. =)
        <hr></blockquote>

eh..if anything it will increase the stopping distance, unless the pads were changed out with some bigger ones...cross drileld or slotted or whatever takes away from the surface area of the brake pad, however flat rotors will stop quicker they heat up quicker and brake fade occurs much quicker, the slotted rotors have more surface area for heat to dissapate.....just wanted to clarify things so a big topic wasnt started over nothing
        ;)

EDIT: almost forgot, looks great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] , what color is your car?

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Do you have any pictures of it installed on the car?
          Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

sent ya mail silicuda

Comment

Thanks guys...i will have pictures of it today on the car...

nikon: the car is red.

justin:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
              How much did the rotors cost you, and did you notice a better stopping distance or break responce?
              -Justin

-------------------- <hr></blockquote>

-The rotors cost me each 130CAD (which is around 90US dollars per rotor)
              -I noticed better stopping because I also changed my pads to high-performance HAWK pads.

-The process itself wasn't THAT difficult after I found the right tool to losen the calipers.

Pretty much after you remove the caliper, the rotors just come off easily (you might have to tap the rotor from the back using a rubber hammer a few times to losen it for removal).

-I used standard high temperature paint (900F), 3 coats of that to make it look its best, and then applied one coat of high-tem clear-coat paint, on top of that.

-It took approximately 4-5 hours to remove, clean, and apply all the levels of paint, and, then I let it dry overnight, and it took around 1 hour to apply decals & put it all back together.

Comment

what brand are those rotors?

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: WickEdSix9838 ]</p>
                <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

dmiller:

here are some pics of it on the car... pics are not the best due to yellow lights around..

Comment

Kick A@# project pimpin'. I am in the process of doing mine in a blue, but I can't find those maro decals anywhere.
                    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Christian:

right here bud --&gt; http://store.yahoo.com/afterthoughts...rakcaldec.html

good people! reliable service

Comment

looks awesome, can't wait till it gets warmer so i can do mine
                        mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X