Vinyls or steel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyls or steel?

I am in a fix, I want to order something to put in the PONTIAC lettering on the back bumper. My question is should I order a complete set of all the vinyls for my car I want for $25 all together or should I get the steel inserts from Thunder Racing?

I want the inserts but the steel ones seem like they would last longer.

Help me out. Thanks.
    Travis.
    1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Steel. They will last longer and are alot easier to install.
    sigpic

Comment

Any more opinions?
      1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Comment

Polished. I just installed a polished set from RkSport for my Camaro, and it looks awesome. You'll be happy with them. They cost a lot more, but they're worth it. They look real classy.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Reflective decals. Looks kewl and comes in a variety of colors. Easy install, just use some soapy water to adjust it. And it's Cheap. Had mine on for 3 yrs now and still looks good.
          Compared to those metal ones side by side b4 installing, it doesn't look as nice cuz it just looks like a sticker. But after you put it on or when others look at it, the gap narrows dramatically. So save ur moola and slap on some reflectives.
          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Reflective! thats the way to go. I agree with F1GT.. after I put my reflective on (6 mos ago)the letters shine almost as brightly as the metal ones. And at night, they really shine when any sort of light hits them.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tobescamaro02\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/tobescamaro02</a><br /><br />2002 camaro 3.8 Stock with 3.42\'s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              1 day ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X