New Zaino pics... Also how do you guys clean under your hood? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zaino pics... Also how do you guys clean under your hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zaino pics... Also how do you guys clean under your hood?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82

Waht are your techniques for cleaning under the hood, has to be better then what I am doing...

I just, wipe everything down with a sponge I used to wash my car then use a wet rag to clean a few nooks and crannies, Little degreaser to clean some tf the grease spots, then I hose it down, softly(only done this twice, worried I might get water in somewhere I don't want it, then I immediately start the car up and run for a good 30 minutes to dry everything out abit.

I take a hose, and spray it down, some simple green everyonce in a while, and a soft brisle brush. I wash the bottom of the hood, with the same kind of carwash mitt that i use for the car. (note, does not work if you have the hood liner)

And last, i never cover the motor in any kind of engine detailer, ect, as that crap looks good for a short time, but dirt sticks to it.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

looks good man....ya just use a rag if it's not too dirty, if it is soap and water ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

many people say its dangerous, but i just tape off everything electrical (EVERYTHING!) and i get out the degreaser and hose and spray it down really well. My dad actually uses a power washer on his car. Hes never had a problem, but that seems kinda risky to me.

Also, whether to have the engine hot or not when you spray it is an issue. some people say to leave it hot and spray it, but ive heard of people cracking their block like that. ive had plenty of success spraying it cold.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:

Also, whether to have the engine hot or not when you spray it is an issue. some people say to leave it hot and spray it, but ive heard of people cracking their block like that. ive had plenty of success spraying it cold.
          yeah I woudl be worred about it a little, I just leave it cold then start it up so it heats up slowly afterwards, and jsut gets it to dry faster.

Comment

Mustangeater, when did you give up on your fellow 3.4 owners and get that 3.8? Ahh, I've missed too much in the last couple months. But I would have done the same, my dog runs faster than my car goes. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            95 3.4 A4<br /><b>Performance:</b> SLP CAI, Flowmaster 80-Series Exhaust, Catco High-Flow Cat, ADS Performance Chip, 160* Thermostat, TB-Bypass<br /><b>Appearance:</b> 35th Ann. Stripes, SS hood, Wings West W-type bodykit, Wings West wing, 17\" Chrome Firehawk rims, Chrome Inserts, Clear Corners, Decals<br /><b>Audio:</b>2 12\" Audiobahn Subs, 1400watt Audiobahn amp, Streetwires, Subthump custom box, Audiobahn door speakers, JVC headunit<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/photo/86905013/106283184LzOzZC\" target=\"_blank\">New Pic</a>

Comment

since my car is a daily driver, and since i have a highflow lid, it opened my engine compartment up a little more, so dirt salt mud gets all over it. when it gets really bad i spray it down with simple green, take the nozzle off the hose and use free flowing water. i let it air dry, then i use wet tire shine on the black trim, and quik detailer on the parts that i might of missed, and quik detailer on the hood too. works good for me, follow the cardomain link in my sig for my engine shot
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loudv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loudv6</a>

Comment

Originally posted by redcamaro9090:
                Mustangeater, when did you give up on your fellow 3.4 owners and get that 3.8? Ahh, I've missed too much in the last couple months. But I would have done the same, my dog runs faster than my car goes. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                nO I miss the car still very much, there are lots of things on my 3.4L that I liked over what my new car has...

My old car was just at its last end... needed, tires, brkaes, another tranny rebuild, and on top of it all some fecker broke in and yanked my radio messing up alot of my interior wiring... from then I had drains, I tracked some down, but I had to have 3 fuses pulled or my battery woudl drain in 4 hours of the car sitting.

Car had 130k, I needed a reliable car, looked at upgrading, nearly bought a stang, had the papers written up. Ym dad didn't want me getting really in debt whiel still in school so he sold me his '00 with 33k for abotu $2-3k below KBB, so I took it, been playing with it since [img]smile.gif[/img] He later got a vette.(in the pics)

Looking for the upgrade portion? not worth the change from 3.4L-3.8L

looking at getting a nice car for $2-4k under KBB, knowing the vehicle history(hell I was the one driving when it hit the 100 mile and 1000 mile points, and I took it in to most of its servicing for my dad)

I know have a car that is 6 years newere and has 100,000 less miles [img]smile.gif[/img] And I am hoping in a year or so when I am graduated and selling this car, it will be worth about how much I paid or at least withini $1k, of it. Hence why I am taking so much care of it in keeping it clean. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X