Need help, Car getting a new paint job - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help, Car getting a new paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, Car getting a new paint job

Well i want to repaint my car because white is getting a little old and i want something new like dark metalic blue (Dont know the exact name). The problem is i want the whole car repainted that includes engine bay, door jams, inside hatch area, etc... so basically i want the whole car look like it came out of the factory with that color. But is it possible to do that i mean i know its gonna cost a lot money for that but i just want my car to look good. So if i took it to a GM dealership or a very good body shop could it be done? Please let me know or give me any input would be great thanks. Oh BTW how much do you think a job like that would cost?
    98 white Camaro V6 w/ factory GFX<br />Stock for now.<br />Future mods: CIA header, Whisper air induction lid, SLP Loudmouth exhaust and with more to come in the future.

$5000 for a full color change, like that, at a quality shop around here.

it is possible, just costly. To do it right, you pull the motor, ect...

Ryan.
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Beleive me, not every shop pulls out the freakin engine of every car they paint. They usually just mask off all the stuff in the engine bay and paint what they can inside, or blacken it out towards the bottom. Yes color changes too. Yes to do it right you would need to pull the engine, but like 90% of bodyshops either don't have the equipment to do that, or manpower or time. Anyway, $5000 is around the ballpark. But make sure the place has a lifetime warranty on the paint, and if you want the best paint I advise you to find a place that will paint your car with PPG Global Paint. It is worth it, you don't want to spend all that money for a crappy job right. But let me tell you dude, it'd be a lot cheaper to get a bodyshop to buff your car and wax it, which most of the time is included in a full detail. And maybee get some other stuff you need painted. White is a great color if you keep it looking nice, and i'm sure when it comes back it will look brand new. Think about it dude, 5k and up is a lot to drop on a new paintjob. The cost is going to be almost near the value of the car, is the car worth that much? Just think about those kind of things dude.

Comment

at the bodyshop i just got my hood painted at they gave a kid that came in an estimate of 2k for a cadillac pearl paint job.

these guys repainted my cousins eclipse midnight blue mettalic, and they painted my hood. they did a damn good job on both.

all i can say is shop around, your bound to find a shop in your pricerange.

btw the place i got my stuff painted at is called miracle auto paining. it might be a national company. check to see if they are in your area
        I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X