anyone had paint by MAACO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had paint by MAACO???

i am about to get my car painted totally or just touched up...not decided yet, how is the work quality at maaco for the good paint?? They have the regular one part acrylic or the two stage type, which is base then clear coat...i am gonna go with the two stage paint, but don't know how the quality and how long the paint lasts... please give me some input here. i looked at some of the work they done, it didn't look bad...

I remember seeing someone on here who had theirs painted silver by maaco, it looked better than i thought it would, but definitely up to factory quality. I don't think I'd do it unless my car seriously needed repainting. Maybe for just some touch up though. You get what you pay for, it's cheap for a reason [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

DONT DO IT!

i got the "medium job" not the 200 dollar one and not the 2000 dollar one

bird crap eats through the clear coat
      they do a crappy job with missing small corners
      dont tape crap off well enough
      i got one rim and my exhaust tips painted
      they dont do the prep work
      bumpers will start to chip or flake after about 6 months...

within the 1 year warranty

i took it back a total of 6 times

[ January 30, 2004: Message edited by: Big Tymer ]</p>

Comment

maaco = [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

you definitly get what you pay for. dealerships have the best body guys, that's where i'd go. i dunno about there, but here the maaco guys suck a$$. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] you'd be better off using a roller to paint your car :D

--matt

Comment

thanks for the input...any good experiences at all?????

Comment

My experience has been good and bad with them. I'm thinking my car is the silver car that whiteshark was refering to. The last owner painted the car silver to change from the green. The actual color isn't bad, it's a medium silver with a metallic flake in it. The car looks really good when it's clean, but at the same time I used to wash/polish my car 3-4 times per week over the summer just to get it looking pretty good.
            Now the bad parts, my ground effects totally chipped off. I'm guessing they never prepped it properly since it all flaked away, and a lot of the body panels in certain light look like a slightly different hue of silver.
            My overall opinion: the car doesn't look bad at all and I get compliments all the time about my car; on the other hand, I do plan on having my car repainted this summer though with a quality job. So take that as you will, it depends one what your looking for, daily driver paint I think it's fine; if you're wanting to do some car shows and stuff, I wouldnt recommend them.
            This is what my paint job looks like currently

My reasoning for painting this summer isn't entirely based on the maaco paint either, I actually want a bit of a unique car. I'm planning on painting the car gunmetal grey and putting a thin black pearl/clear coat over top of that. :cool:
            AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

I'd not go to MAACO because of the front and rear bumpers. They are made of RIM plastic (see http://www.rimmolding.com/rim/index.html) and apparently require a different painting process than the rest of the car. I believe the result of not properly painting RIM plasics on the cars will be "spider" cracks which presumably will lead to chipping away of the paint. I don't know if the ground effects are made of RIM also.

[ January 31, 2004: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]</p>
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

They painted my Ninja the Viper Electron Blue and it came out ok. They painted a beater car of mine silver and covered EVERYTHING. Bumpers, some windows, tires etc. Won't go back.
                <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  1 day ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X