Scratched my bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched my bumper

I was backing into a parking spot in a parking garage. There was a pillar on the right side that I thought I was clear of. managed to scrape the rear passanger bumper. The pillar was concrete so no paint came onto my car just scratches. About 4 inches up-down and about 3-4 inches long. they're fairly deep, I dont have a camera to take a pic. Is there anything that might have a chance of working on fixing them? Not an entirely noticable place.

Anyone know how much a Maaco would charge on fixing scratches like that?

Any help is appreciated

Tobes
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tobescamaro02\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/tobescamaro02</a><br /><br />2002 camaro 3.8 Stock with 3.42\'s.

Maaco won't charge much, but it isn't worth the hassle of returning your car every week trying to convince them that they F'ed your car up.

Find a quality bodyshop with some feedback of people that had work done there. It will cost more, but you'll appreciate the finished product.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

If you want it done right (clear coat, flex additive, blended paint, skilled labor) at a reputable shop, you're looking at 3.5 hours in assembly labor, 3.5 hours in paint labor, and $90 in paint/supplies. At $36 per hour.... you're looking at about $350.

(Just got a quote myself)

[ April 21, 2004, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: user1101 ]
      ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        1 day ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X