Does anyone have install tips for clear corners in a 98+ Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have install tips for clear corners in a 98+ Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have install tips for clear corners in a 98+ Camaro?

I just picked some up in the for sale forum, how hard is the install?

Thanks

I havent installed the clear corners yet but I know that when I was working on my light socket for the stock corners I had to take the whole headlight assembly off to give myself some room to work with. I dont see how else you can do it unless there is a way to get at it from the bottom.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
      I just picked some up in the for sale forum, how hard is the install?<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, what he said.... I ordered some, they should be here sometime next week. We got the team thing down.
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

We really do have the team thing down. :D

TTT, anyone have tips?

Comment

I just put clear corners on my 2000 cam. I wish I could give you an easy way to do it, but I havent the slightest clue how to easily install them. It was a major PITA to get those damn things on the car. One of the hardest mods I have done so far. I couldnt belive the time it took. Here are some tips or info for the install. Each light assembly is held by 3 hex screws, very small. I damn near had to break the originals lens to get them out, and same goes for the new ones. Lots of pulling and sqeezing to get them to pop in. Not a lot of room to work with. I jacked the car up and worked from under the car. Took all the bottom plastic pieces off the car to free up some room.2 sides and the air scoop. The light bulbs have sloted sockets not round. My clears came with round amber lights. Part way through the install I learned the hard way and had to reinstall everything to get to autozone for new lights. Found amber slotted lights at autozone. They must be amber to be legal in some states, the original are clear due to the housing being orange. I cut some of the foam inner bumper to get the lens in on one side, might not be needed, I was trying anything. The bumper is plastic and will flex a little for the install. Good luck, let us know how they turn out. If you find a better way to install them, let me know.
          KevinC<br />1999 Silver SS Vert<br />K&N Filter, MTI Carbon Fiber Lib, GMAF, HPP3, APC Clear Corner Turn-Signals, Zaino, Mobil 1<p>SOLD -Y2K Y87 Bright Red Camaro<br />Mods: B&B TriFlow Quad Cat-Back, Whisper Lid, Free Ram Air, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Raised Lid, Red/Black Pedals, Red Wire Loom, Reflective Concepts Rear Letter Fill-in, Zaino, Red Calipers with brushed Camaro decals; Mobil 1 Synths, Tinted Windows,<a href=\"http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Camaro%20V6%20dot%20Com%20decal.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">CamaroV6.com Mod</a>,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Woopededoo:
            Each light assembly is held by 3 hex screws, very small.<hr></blockquote>

You wouldn't happen to know what size hex bit would ya? [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm maybe I stated that wrong. You just need some small sockets to get them off. Dont remember the size. A regular screw driver wont work.
              KevinC<br />1999 Silver SS Vert<br />K&N Filter, MTI Carbon Fiber Lib, GMAF, HPP3, APC Clear Corner Turn-Signals, Zaino, Mobil 1<p>SOLD -Y2K Y87 Bright Red Camaro<br />Mods: B&B TriFlow Quad Cat-Back, Whisper Lid, Free Ram Air, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Raised Lid, Red/Black Pedals, Red Wire Loom, Reflective Concepts Rear Letter Fill-in, Zaino, Red Calipers with brushed Camaro decals; Mobil 1 Synths, Tinted Windows,<a href=\"http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Camaro%20V6%20dot%20Com%20decal.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">CamaroV6.com Mod</a>,

Comment

yup I got em' they are hard as h*ll to install...without breaking somethin...and I didnt take alot of plastic off....just the little access panel in front of the wheel...I think I started at 9:00pm and ended at 12:00pm and thats not clean up...very hard....you gotta really bend that plastic holding it in...and cutting that foam away isnt necessary, I did it just fine...one of the hardest parts was getting the old ones out...all I can say is have fun...and dont do this alone...it will get very discouraging...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                05' CTS-V
                00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

It wasn't that hard, just time consuming. It's actually pretty simple. Roughly .5 hrs per side because of all the screws.

1) Remove bolts from the plastic flap at the bottom of car
                  2)Open flap (duh)
                  3)unscrew 4 bolts from this "L" shape bar that holds the fender to the front fascia.
                  4)unscrew 3 bolts from the corner light
                  5)simply slide it out

Reverse the process to re-install. I think the reason many of the above people had to cut some plastic or do some bending was because they didn't take out this "L" shaped bar. Bending it will prolly cause some cracks which will lead to water getting into the lenses.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                  1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

You'll need a 10mm socket(flap bolts) and a 7mm socket(lense bolts). I did it from under the car. Getting the lense in and out was the hard part. It took me about an hour to do.
                    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X