What to clean painted calipers with? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to clean painted calipers with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to clean painted calipers with?

Most of you probably know, ordinary soap and water does almost nothing in getting the grease/grime/brake dust off calipers even when they are unpainted. I used to use Eagle 1 Chrome Wheel cleaner on my wheels and that would take the crap off the calipers too. I don't think I should use it on the paint calipers though cuz it's really acidic and even says on the bottle to keep away from paint.

So what can I use to keep them clean and not hurt the paint?

acid =)

Comment

What about simple green?
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seppo Kaitainen:
        What about simple green?<hr></blockquote>

I have some of that Simple Green Automotive Degreaser, worked great!

We work well as a team even in other forums. :D

Comment

Just cleaned mine last week. Used simple green
          as well. Worked fine.

Comment

simple green will fade the color of the paint if you let it sit to long..mine went from ford red to like orange after spraying with simple green.i suggest just using the car wash soap that you use to do the car and get a brush or something and clean them..

Jeff W [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmmm

well i have drums in the back, painted em' black. (used engine paint).

they look GREAt...

but recently I used that Maguire's Hot Wheel Cleaner......made the calipers and drums look nasty.

Gotta jack the car up, take off the wheels....repaint the calipers/drums now =(

Comment

Howzabout WD-40?? It works GREAT with taking off road tar off the sides, so it should work for the caliper too...I hope, then wax it. Waxing should make it easier to come off next time.

I just painted mine today. I painted it black and added the brushed aluminum CAMARO on it. I finally got around to it after seeing Pilotlite's pics....I painted only the caliper not the surrounding bracket thingamajig.
                [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X