help with bubbling tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with bubbling tint

hey, i got tints a while back and now the tints on my back window aren't sticking on that bubbly part on top, i went back to the shop to have the guy try and fix it but the moron was like, oh, its supposed to be like that... well he wouldnt fix it, he was too busy tinting ricer cars and washing his honduh prelude... so i return his great generosity a nice smokey burnout in his garage and left...

now i have the problem of fixing this POS tint on my back window... i was wondering if going over it with a hair drier would help? anyone have experience with this??
    <b>Red 1996 Firebird 5-speed:</b><br />-Zexel-Torsen LSD, SLP CAI, B&B TriFlow Exhaust, 1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE LCA\'s, 160 Degree Thermostat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, B&M Ripper Shifter, 245/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and lots of Zaino<p><b>White 1990 5.0L Camaro IROC-Z:</b><br />-Flowmaster Muffler, NGK\'s/Taylors<br /><i>-SOLD</i>

cut the tint right below the bubbles, like follow the line, then tape the bubbles off and paint over them with flat black spray paint... you cant see through it, but oh well, its high enough to where it wont cause problems. I believe this is a common thing with us F-Body owners. good Luck

Comment

or....just get a good tint job. I have had my tint on for over 5 years now, not one bubble yet, and not to mention, it's warrantied for 10 years not to bubble or they fix it.
      the only way to fix bubling tint is to peal and re-tint it.
      go find a honest good shop, pay the extra cash, and get it done right, saves you the hassle in the long run.
      -Steve
      btw my tint job cost me about $350, but well worth it

Comment

Hey v6maro, where did you have your tint done? I've been trying to find a good tint shop around here since the place I went to didn't do that great of a job, I've got the same problem with the back window, and my side ones keep peeling around the edges.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/byoonull\" target=\"_blank\">My Old Car - 2000 Silver V6 Bird</a><br /><br />The replacement-<br />94 Firebird Formula - 383, TH400, and a big blower<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94</a>

Comment

Common problem. Mine actually got better with age. I'm still wondering how that happened. I've got double-limo(don't know the percentage) so you could really see the outline around those little dots at the top of the window. I park the car outside in the sun everyday and it's a lot less noticable than when I first got it done. If it's actually peeling up, you got hosed on that tint job. It wasn't done right to begin with. It really takes time to squeeze all the air out around those little raised dots. I watched my tint guy do it. He really took his time on that section and still couldn't achieve perfection. I know he made a genuine effort, so I was fine with the result.
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

They cant tint over the bubbles, because its uneven. Believe me though, it looks a lot better like that than it does cut before the bubbles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X