Painting Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Calipers

My dad is all afraid that the brakes will get ****ed up after painting the calipers, he doesn't want me to do it. But it looks so badass. So i need to know if painting my calipers will effect my brakes or not..hes afraid they will stick. If u have done this and no some answers let me know.

there is no way painting your calipers will hurt anything.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
      x2!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Loochy88:
        x2! </font>[/QUOTE]x6
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

x500

UNLESS!!!!!!!!!!! you magically paint your actual brake pad! otherwise, no possible way to f it up.
          Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

haha, i would think even if you laid paint all over the brake pad, and all over the rotor, and even sprayed the lines for the hell of it, you would still have no problems. the paint would simply just wear off and be gone.

now, im not recommending it, but i cant imagine anything bad would happen.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

x23435444545454545234546
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5</a> <br />pacesetter hi-flo cat, slp loudmouth 2 w/3.5 slash tips<br />Springtech lowering springs 1.75 drop<br />Hurst sts w/ short-throw stick<br />Not yet installed-pacesetter headers<br />Zexel-torson lsd<br />3.73\'s

Comment

just do it...its ur car isnt it?

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Paint wont hurt, maybe he was thinking WD40, now who hasnt seen that scenario played out
                  1999 Firebird

Comment

Yes it can!

If you you paint the calipers using spray paint, you can screw things up, this is why you need to do a very good job masking things off... it's not just for overspray.

However if you brush it on you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyPro:
                      Yes it can!

If you you paint the calipers using spray paint, you can screw things up, this is why you need to do a very good job masking things off... it's not just for overspray.

However if you brush it on you should be fine.
                      what are you going to screw up by spray painting the calipers?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X