Fixing "dings" on doors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing "dings" on doors.

When I drove back home today I noticed a tiny little ding on the passanger side door.

What I suspect happened is someone was being an *** and opened their driver's side door really hard without looking and the corner of their door hit my door.

There's like a little 1mm indentation there.

I tried searching here but found nothing on how to fix it, it's barely noticeable unless you look really close, but it still bothers me.

Do you guys have idea how to prevent this from happening in the future?

I ALWAYS park my car with the driver's side as close to the white line as possible (even though it makes it hard for me to get out because there isn't always enough room) as to give the car that parks to the passenger side of my car as much room as possible.

if u want to avoid it, park away from everyone...

what are you going to do when the family of 4, with a 5 year old opens her door and nails your drivers door?
    White 1998 3.8L Camaro
    Home Ram Air / Free Flow Intake
    Drilled / Slotted Rotors with black painted Calipers

Comment

Not quite the answer I was looking for, Sir.

The answer to your question would be I would remember the license plates of the cars parked next to me.

Upon arriving back from the store/movie theater etc. I would check both doors.

If I noticed any dings on it and the car parked was the same car that was there before I went to the store I would walk over to the side with the ding and “accidentally” ram a screw driver into their door.

I would draw little pictures with it.

Make cute little designs. Perhaps draw their car make symbol.

Then I would very casually start to “tie” my shoe while taking out my trusty tire pressure meter and accidentally let out 20 PSI.

You did give great advice however I drive my car to work, school, store, lot of those places its VERY hard to find any parking spaces, even all the way in the back.

Comment

Wow. I hope I never am parked next to you when you're mad. :rolleyes:
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

sorry, but there is no miracle "ding king" that will get rid of those. only thing you can do is hammer it in more with a screw driver, bondo over it, sand, glaze putty, sand, primer, sand, paint, sand, clearcoat, sand, rubbing compound, polish, wax. get the point?
          for credibility's sake, i own a body shop.. got other questions?
          A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8:
            Wow. I hope I never am parked next to you when you're mad. :rolleyes:
            I'm all right now.

*Closes his eyes* I'm in Hawaii, I'm in Hawaii.

There I feel better now.

Comment

The fun part is once you notice a ding 1 time. You will always see it everytime you look at your car.
              \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

I hear you man. I always used to around and check for scratches and dings around my car after I got to mysterios ones in a period of two weeks just after a new paint job. I realized that in order to keep it cool I'm best off paring at the end of the lot and away from anything that has big doors or kids possibly. Heck I have a hard time parking close to another Camaro cuz I know those doors go for miles. I seriously considered gettin' lambo doors for some time.
                Selling My Car for cheap. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/854331/2\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/854331/2</a>

Comment

Originally posted by dawid555:
                  Not quite the answer I was looking for, Sir.

The answer to your question would be I would remember the license plates of the cars parked next to me.

Upon arriving back from the store/movie theater etc. I would check both doors.

If I noticed any dings on it and the car parked was the same car that was there before I went to the store I would walk over to the side with the ding and “accidentally” ram a screw driver into their door.

I would draw little pictures with it.

Make cute little designs. Perhaps draw their car make symbol.

Then I would very casually start to “tie” my shoe while taking out my trusty tire pressure meter and accidentally let out 20 PSI.

You did give great advice however I drive my car to work, school, store, lot of those places its VERY hard to find any parking spaces, even all the way in the back.
                  [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

10 year old car here with NOT A SINGLE DING!

if you park far away it just doesnt happen. people are lazy. trust me.

you can try to rub it even from the back if you can get to the panel. if not just take it to dent wizard or whatever paintless dent removal place is near you... if it bothers you enough.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X