VHT Nite Shades With PICTURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Nite Shades With PICTURES

I pulled my taillight covers and side makers yesterday and cleaned them with alchohal and then without sanding applied thin coats of nite shades about 7-9 till it was nice and black then i waited about 2 hours it dried nicely, then i started the clear coar i used duplicolor clear top coat i went very thick with my clear coat and finished today and installed them a few hours ago.
    How do i put a picture in my post????

[ March 12, 2006, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: 01PewterDropTop ]

Upload the pictures to an image hoster. Cardomain, imageshack, photobucket, etc. Then put the url inbetween the img tags [IMG]url here [/IMG]
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

thats a lot man it makes sence now

Comment

how do you take out the side markers, i have night shades waiting to be used( waiting for warmer weather ). also, will my one can be anough for my tail lights and turn signals, i didnt plan on doing my markers becuase 1. my car is red, they blend in and 2. i dont know how to get them out. thanks.

edit: are they orange peely at all? did you wet sand or buff them at all? i planned on hand buffing mine a littl, im assumeing they'll get orange peely.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i used 1 and a half cans. The side markers on camaros have 1 screw and they pull out you may need a flat screw driver to get it to pull out. pull the side where the screw went out first then pull it backwords twords the rear. i used olmost 2 cans of nite shade and less the 1 can of clear coat

Comment

iff your talking about the front markers go under your car to do it take off 1 plastic black under bumper panel off its the smallest one under the fog lights infront of the front wheels. then you look up and c the light unit use a small wratchit to take the 2 screws out and it will wiggle out i am doing this tomorrow so ill have more details on this step. i did not sand at all just used rubbing alchohal and 20-35 mins between coats i left for 3 hours when doing the taillighte when i got back and it dried it looked a little darker then when it was wet but not dark enough i used a lot i mean a serious lot of clear coat. i dont think its peely but i taped off the sections with duck tape not the best but my masking tape was like 5 years old and brittle. when i pealed off the duct tape the nite shade pealed right off the tape like a filmkind of scared me i removed the tapes befor clear coating i let it dry for 4 hours sence last nite shade coat befor removing tapes. i hear mose people wand them and say its cloudy mines smoth not sure if thats what maeks the difference. but i did not scuff my lencese did not want to further empair my lighting. hope this helps will pose more tomorrow when i do my front lights only doing half of them was thinking of getting clears and blacking half of them later on.

Comment

Looks nice! Where did you buy the nite-shade? I'm thinking about doing that to my bird's fog lights and and front turn signals
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

summit racing!

Comment

afterthoughtsauto.com is where i got mine. i guess im going to order another can.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

mine are dark 1 can can maby do the taillights i have olmost no lighting not. i need to do something about it

Comment

Brakes on the sun is comming at me so it looks a little lighter then at night

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
                        how do you take out the side markers, i have night shades waiting to be used( waiting for warmer weather ). also, will my one can be anough for my tail lights and turn signals, i didnt plan on doing my markers becuase 1. my car is red, they blend in and 2. i dont know how to get them out. thanks.

edit: are they orange peely at all? did you wet sand or buff them at all? i planned on hand buffing mine a littl, im assumeing they'll get orange peely.
                        You can get away with one can, but it will be a little tight. I used one can for both tails and side markers with about 5 medium coats. I also messed up one and sanded it down and restarted. One can goes pretty far, but you have to remember its thin and runs easily. the nightshades isnt to orange peely, but most spray clears are. I sanded mine down and hand buffed them and it came out perfect.

<a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

articacid, how bright are your brake/turn signals now? i planned on doing the entire tail light,but im having second thoughts now. im gonna order 2 cans just incase.i wanted them black, but now im not sure. did you wet sand or dry? if i put it on too dark can i just wet sand some more and lighten it alittle?

edit: articacid's look like i want mine, nice and dark, yours seem a little lighter than his and you said your lights are'nt bright anymore. this is starting to scare me away from doing them now.

[ March 13, 2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: loser ]

Comment

ya if you put to much on you can sand it off little buts at a time. I recomend not nite shading the reverse light or the reflector if you park on the side of a road you car will be hard to see if thier is no rteflective part. thats why we both did it the same "great minds think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
                              articacid, how bright are your brake/turn signals now? i planned on doing the entire tail light,but im having second thoughts now. im gonna order 2 cans just incase.i wanted them black, but now im not sure. did you wet sand or dry? if i put it on too dark can i just wet sand some more and lighten it alittle?

edit: articacid's look like i want mine, nice and dark, yours seem a little lighter than his and you said your lights are'nt bright anymore. this is starting to scare me away from doing them now.
                              You can see my brake lights and turns signals fine, even in the day when the sun is right on them. i wet sanded it, you dont want to dry sand it, it would tear it up. With nightsahdes the more layers the darker it gets. You know when you spray it on how dark it is, but if you do go to heavy you can sand some off. however it will be hard to keep it even and you dont want to go through which is easy to do. its not a bad mod, do it man! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X