paint popping off xenon body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint popping off xenon body kit

hey everyone, just like the topic says my paint is popping off my body kit. At first it spiderwebbed and now its just popping off in certain areas. I have scraped like 10 times already and it sucks, its unavoidable. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, my friends tell me to buy some touchup paint and wet sand it. I don't really want to use the stuff with the brush since that always looks like crap unless its like a chip or something. Is there anywhere I can get victory red paint in a spray can? And if I found it, what do I do? I know I have to sand it, paint it and wet sand it but I'm scared I'll just screw it up more. Thanks in advance for your help.
    2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

go to oreillys or autozone to get the spray paint. well, at this point, in its condition, could you relly mess it up more?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

bite the bullet and have it done at a body shop
      Phil

Comment

Was this something that you had painted or is this a factory painted body kit? If you had it painted take it back and have them do it right.

Rob
        \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

The body kit is urethane so I can see how the paint can pop off and such. I'm just looking for a simple fix that could be done everytime its starts to look bad. You think AutoZone would have victory red touch up paint in the spray bottle? I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks
          2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

whoever painted it forgot to add flex additive..i had that kit for a long time with no paint problems
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

1dangerousv6 is correct, you have to use some sort of flex additive...But if you rattlecan it yourself, sand it down REALLY good, then prime 3-4 times, then spray the paint 5-6 times, then clearcoat it 5-6 times..
              #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

No matter what method of spraypaint you use, it's not going to come out right and it will chip again.
                Save your money and get it done professionally! Once you apply spraypaint to the body of the car, things just don't look right anymore. I know there will be some here that disagree, but I'm sticking to my statement.
                sigpic

Comment

I'll agree with that statement. I'm about to paint a Xenon front fascia for my car, and know I'll be adding a flex additive and applying an adhesion promoter to the urethane first. Like guys have mentioned, take it back to the shop where you had it painted and ask them if this should be happening.
                  \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X