window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tint

What is the normal price of tinting a camaro? I first had my car tinted about 7 1/2 years ago for about 130.00 and now that I need new tint they want 310.00 first est.,235.00 2nd est. and the 3rd was 200.00. Is this the going rate now ? All the estimates inculded removing the old tint and a lifetime warranty on any scratches that come along.Maybe it's because AZ is oven I don't know. :cool:
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

$200 and over is a rip off...it's only three windows. Keep looking around, you can find cheaper, even with a lifetime warranty.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Usually the expense is in the removal of the tint, especially the rear window, people are always afraid of breaking the defroster. If you have no tint to remove, the price is much cheaper. Hint...remove it yourself, save some bucks.

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Jack ]</p>
      97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

what do you use to remove it, razor and maybe some rubbing alcohol to clean the glue up. I never have messed with tint before? Thanks for your responses.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

you can also get a little bottle of stuff from walmart called "tint off" thats what my brother used on his explorer

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

thanks i'll give it a try.

Comment

around $200 prolly if they took the tint off
              i paid $130 to get my camaro done, 15% on rear, 30%on sides, and a strip across the front....

Loochy- do u know if it was a pain in the butt to get the tint off? because i need to take my side tint off the firebird (its all scratched up)
              <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html

Comment

Believe it or not, but on my Z. It set in the hot sun for a week with the windows up and the tint on the back peeled off on it's own which is good because it was the only piece of glass that was tinted. It also looked like sh!t, it had 2 big overlapped places going across it. All I could figure is that it was cheap tint and not profesionally put on.
                  1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

I got mine done for 130 any shade i want and out the door with lifetime warrenty
                    check out my site to see pics
                    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuprSpdDB7:

Loochy- do u know if it was a pain in the butt to get the tint off? because i need to take my side tint off the firebird (its all scratched up)
                      <hr></blockquote>

Ive never taken the tint off a camaro/bird, but he didnt seem to have much trouble at all taking the tint off his explorer.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I paid $220 + tax for mine. 20% all around
                        -Lifetime Warranty @ Ziebart
                        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                          Low Voltage
                          by Vladimir Gecko
                          I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                          11 hours ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          6 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X