Rattle can paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle can paint job

Has anyone rattle canned paint jobbed a panel on a car? I am thinking about trying to fix the small bottom panel to the left of my doors that had the clear coat go completely hazy. I figure it is worth a shot before maybe going to get it painted if I fail.

I remember the TheGr8Schlotzky did his car in black with great results.

I have been reading that when you tape off the area to be painted you should use a soft line. Anyone have experience with that?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Thanks for sharing your idea here. :)

Comment

Yeah I remember when he did his GR8, its worth a shot, back in the day I did a spoiler on my ex-wife's 00 grand am, came out pretty good. Got the cans from paintscratch.com.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If I remember correctly Mike, didn't someone keyed your camaro once and you were able to cover that up pretty good.

I used a rattle can on my fiero once, but I couldn't smooth it out so it could blend in.

Comment

I did my neighbor's hood. With about 4 coats base & 4 coats clear with lots of wet sanding. The finish was much better than the rest of the car. For the hood it was ok since the color didn't match up perfectly due to fading. I wouldn't try to blend it in on a section that didn't have gaps.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X