No announcement yet.

Found a good used console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the old cable out, can't get the rear cables on the new bracket, seems like they don't fit in the holes. Any ideas? Made a appointment for Wednesday morning at the auto shop since I can't figure it out.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Heres the new cable , can't get the rear cables to attach.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Does the cable come apart at all? Do they look like the old cables that were in there? How did those come apart?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

No they dont come apart, the rear cables are as old as the front I took out, they were easy, but the bracket on the new cable is different design, can't get the old rear cables into the new bracket. Screwed my back up so Im resting today, will take another look tomorrow.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 10-20-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Heres the rear cables, only can see one in the pic, thought about drilling the bracket so they'd fit but I don't know.

Comment

Are they the same length as the old cables? Any instructions with them? I would like to think they shouldn’t require drilling as a cable should be pretty standard unless you received the wrong ones?

Comment

Same length, double checked the part # , same part # 93-97 , 98 and up have a different part # since their different design. Im going to try drilling it and see if it works.

Comment

Got them in, took about a mm off, now can't get the ebrake to take up the slack. Just has no resistance when pulling up on the ebrake.

Comment

According to the Haynes manual you have to adjust them at the rear calipers so Im just going to have the auto shop do them Wednesday, might have them look at my reverse lights also . Back is done for.

Comment

Well got to the shop, can't adjust the parking brake because its the wrong part, too long, so they ordered one for me, will be sending this one back to Rockauto. Go back Friday to get the right one installed. Checked Rockauto and its the correct part # for AC/ Delco so ill see what they say when I send it back.

Comment

Rockauto wont let me send it back since it was installed , which is B.S. have the box and receipt, think Im going to start shopping at 1Aauto from now on.

Comment

Have you tried PM’ing the rep on this site? They may be able to help you a little more than regular staff Steve...

Is the cable damaged in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                            Have you tried PM’ing the rep on this site? They may be able to help you a little more than regular staff Steve...

Is the cable damaged in any way?
                            I might try that, didn't really damage it just took alittle metal off so the rear cables would fit in the holes, but to get it off the cables are going to be pinched together. Ive double check the part# and either their entire parking brake cable section is wrong or their sending out bogus parts, that say AC/Delco . I would expect more out of a big company. Theres other places to shop, the $425 I just spent might be going back to them. Ill make sure its not installed before I send it back to them.

Comment

Have to wait until Wednesday, part didn't come in. What a pain this has been.lol

Comment

Got the new one in, didn't have to mess with the rear brakes to adjust it. Now on to the next project. Im happy to have a ebrake again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X