Found a good used console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a good used console

Got one off ebay, mines cracked in a few places . And of course the lid is broken off, all the used ones off ebay had them all broken off. Also got some black satin spray paint to redo my console lid, its in ruff shape with fading. Might use it on the whole console well see what shape its in. Also my parking brake took a crap yesterday, pulls up with no resistance so have to look at that when I swap them out. Always something, and the weather is changing so that sucks its chilly now and with no garage it sucks. Ill post pics once I get it done.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 10-07-2018, 07:03 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Anyone use plasti-dip on their interior, might try it been reading up on it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Plastidip is pretty durable - not sure I would use it on parts that get touched a lot though. For instance on your arm rest it probably wouldn't hold up too well, and it has a rubbery feel to it that would make your arm not want to slide across it very well.

For little trim pieces it shouldn't be an issue

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah never used plasti dip before, used the black satin paint before on my console lid, so probably stay with it. Found some jb weld plastic epoxy Im going to try and use on my old cracked one, once the good one comes in. Im just going to experiment on it.lol

Comment

Plastidip is a pretty good product - we used it on my cousins Jeep grille and it held up great to the elements and a lot of mud. I just think constantly rubbing it everyday will cause it to wear out / off quickly.

If you touch the surface with a clay bar at all it just peals right off... but rain, car washes etc are all fine for it.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah I tried to avoid putting my elbow on the console when entering, but my 3rd gen has been damaged. Still looking for a good console for it.

Comment

Sure enough the brake cable broke right where it connects to the brake lever. Ordered a new cable from rockauto for $21 shipped, acdelco . I was surprised they still made them. But 22+ years out of one isn't bad.

Comment

Yeah, I put my elbow on the console all the time, last time I painted it was 10 years ago, so that isn't too bad.

Comment

Console arrived , looks good not bad for $125 shipped , looks like I'm going to paint it in the black satin. Waiting for this cold front to pass.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 10-11-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

No cracks or deep scratches, it came with the cig lighter and compartment but im using my own so I took it off.

Comment

Heres the final console in black satin.

Comment

Nice. Looks really good. But aren't you driving automatic now. That looks like for manual.

Comment

Thanks, they both work for m5 or a4 doesn't matter. Yeah its a auto now. I wish I could get a 97' and up to fit but have too many gauges in the 93-96 console. Just because the 97' and up have a better lid design.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 10-13-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Got my parking brake cable for the front , hope to get it installed in the next couple of days and hope to fix my reverse lights. Looks kinda short but haven't took the old one out yet so will see.

Comment

Spent 2 hours today trying to get the front cable out, got the cable off the ebrake and the ones from the rear off. I can only get one hand up in there because of the driveshaft and exhaust. Will try again tomorrow. Also ordered some tools for parking brake cables maybe they'll help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X